Samsung htc 6500 upgrade, samsung q930c or a dedicated avr and 5.1 system? uk

Man of Honour
I've read that some of the Klipsch subs are not that great. Sluggish, and lacking bite. Might be worth reading up a bit more on the Klipsch before jumping in.

Associate
OP
I've read that some of the Klipsch subs are not that great. Sluggish, and lacking bite. Might be worth reading up a bit more on the Klipsch before jumping in.
hey thanks for the reply, i was more so meaning the speakers, thoughts on them?

Man of Honour
hey thanks for the reply, i was more so meaning the speakers, thoughts on them?

Dogs, but in a good way.

If we look at the larger of the Bronze series standmount speakers, they're a bit like a Springer Spaniel or Golden Retriever. Fun, bouncy, energetic, and most people who like dogs/speakers find them instantly likeable.

The Silver series retains much of the same character, but bigger, like a Labrador.

The original Silver RX2 could get a little excited in the treble when pushed hard. That has been tamed with the Silver 100 which has replaced it. It's still big and bouncy, not the last word in imaging precision, but a hell of a lot of fun.

Oh, and bass. Tonnes of really good bass. Bass that'll make the sub from your sound bar run away and hide with embarrassment. Not overblown. Not woolly. Not distracting. Just rich, deep, glorious bass. Even though the speakers are bigger in real life than the photos suggest, the bass from them is still a surprise.

Compared to your sound bar, these are a million times better.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Dogs, but in a good way.

If we look at the larger of the Bronze series standmount speakers, they're a bit like a Springer Spaniel or Golden Retriever. Fun, bouncy, energetic, and most people who like dogs/speakers find them instantly likeable.

The Silver series retains much of the same character, but bigger, like a Labrador.

The original Silver RX2 could get a little excited in the treble when pushed hard. That has been tamed with the Silver 100 which has replaced it. It's still big and bouncy, not the last word in imaging precision, but a hell of a lot of fun.

Oh, and bass. Tonnes of really good bass. Bass that'll make the sub from your sound bar run away and hide with embarrassment. Not overblown. Not woolly. Not distracting. Just rich, deep, glorious bass. Even though the speakers are bigger in real life than the photos suggest, the bass from them is still a surprise.

Compared to your sound bar, these are a million times better.
thanks lucid, i presume at the price there wont be many others that compete with them?
any idea if i could but some sort of trim material and glue it along the bottom to hide the chip/mark?

also i think the correct center to pair with this would be the monitor audio silver c250 7g? a bit pricey at £499

i see ebay is having another 15%/£75 max off, any deals on there worth checking out? i dont know what to look for when buying a good 3.1 system

Man of Honour
thanks lucid, i presume at the price there wont be many others that compete with them?
any idea if i could but some sort of trim material and glue it along the bottom to hide the chip/mark?

also i think the correct center to pair with this would be the monitor audio silver c250 7g? a bit pricey at £499

i see ebay is having another 15%/£75 max off, any deals on there worth checking out? i dont know what to look for when buying a good 3.1 system

Competition: It really depends on what you want. You see, once you get above a certain level, then all the basic boxes have been ticked. What you're focusing on then are the strengths and the character of a speaker. Yes, there'll be speakers to compete, but there won't be a mirror image of what the Silver 100s do for say £50 cheaper if that's what you're looking for. Look at floorstanders for a start. B&W, Monitor Audio, KEF, Ruark, Focal just for starters.

The chip mark: Car body repairers? Chipsaway sort of people.

Centre speaker: Anything from the Monitor Audio Silver series going back to around 2009 (RX, Silver 5G, Silver 7G). If you have the space for it, then a larger centre speaker will deliver more weight and body with dialogue, and that's probably 75% of what you're hearing from the L-C-R setup. I think all the centres that came after the Silver RS series had sealed cabinets for the centre speaker which makes them easier to place compared to ported speakers.

Associate
OP
hey, seen a set of dali spektor 2 with stands for around £100 not far from me, would they pair well with the denon x1700h and get the dali vokal center for £100, full setup for around £600 and maybe upgrade my fronts and center down the line and move the spektors to rears?

Associate
OP
Competition: It really depends on what you want. You see, once you get above a certain level, then all the basic boxes have been ticked. What you're focusing on then are the strengths and the character of a speaker. Yes, there'll be speakers to compete, but there won't be a mirror image of what the Silver 100s do for say £50 cheaper if that's what you're looking for. Look at floorstanders for a start. B&W, Monitor Audio, KEF, Ruark, Focal just for starters.

The chip mark: Car body repairers? Chipsaway sort of people.

Centre speaker: Anything from the Monitor Audio Silver series going back to around 2009 (RX, Silver 5G, Silver 7G). If you have the space for it, then a larger centre speaker will deliver more weight and body with dialogue, and that's probably 75% of what you're hearing from the L-C-R setup. I think all the centres that came after the Silver RS series had sealed cabinets for the centre speaker which makes them easier to place compared to ported speakers.
thoughts on the fyne f501/f502 paired with f500c centre, maybe get a denon x1700h/2700/2800.
Would i be able to get away without a sub?
i think if i went this route it would blow my budget, i would need a tv stand/mount and a tv unit and cables too so a sub would have to wait or just do without if it sounds good?

Soldato
thoughts on the fyne f501/f502 paired with f500c centre, maybe get a denon x1700h/2700/2800.
Would i be able to get away without a sub?
i think if i went this route it would blow my budget, i would need a tv stand/mount and a tv unit and cables too so a sub would have to wait or just do without if it sounds good?

For music, yes, you can get away with not having a sub.
For movies, no, it's essential if you watch action movies. You'll be sending full range to the speakers, not recommended. You could set subwoofer to "on" and low bass will be discarded, but at least you'll protect the speakers. Then buy sub later

Fyne have a forward sound signature so be aware of that.

Associate
OP
For music, yes, you can get away with not having a sub.
For movies, no, it's essential if you watch action movies. You'll be sending full range to the speakers, not recommended. You could set subwoofer to "on" and low bass will be discarded, but at least you'll protect the speakers. Then buy sub later

Fyne have a forward sound signature so be aware of that.
i guess forward sound is similar to bright?

i am yet to have a demo anywhere so i dont know what type i like the most,
maybe i should go for the cheaper f501 and save for a sub sooner than later.

Back
Top Bottom