Associate
Got mine yesterday.
I am usually challenged when it comes to interpreting graphical assembly instructions and was particularly challenged by those produced by Samsung for this monitor. Couldn't understand them at all. I followed my nose, however, and managed to assemble it and get it on the desk without issues. Powered on it defaulted to looking for a signal on the HDMI port, ignoring the signal it was receiving on the Display Port. You'd think they'd be clever enough to check all ports. It took a few minutes to work out how to address that but eventually I got an image on the screen.
There is a newer firmware version (1015) on the Samsung UK website that I downloaded but couldn't install, not found. Two usb drives tried, and an extension lead, no result. A further rummage in the draw produced a 32GB SanDisk Ultra (usb3). Copied the firmware onto it and it installed without issue - this was before I had read this thread. No notes with the firmware but I found that the monitor will now refresh at 240Mhz, as well as 60 and 120Mz as supplied.
Hopefully these notes will help someone commissioning one of these amazing monitors in the future.

Back
Top Bottom