Samsung SA 950

Soldato
Cool, so for 120HZ gaming through the typical DVI ports which is what most people will be after, with the added bonus of 3D films and gaming, which version suits regardless of size, 750 or 950?

Soldato
Cool, so for 120HZ gaming through the typical DVI ports which is what most people will be after, with the added bonus of 3D films and gaming, which version suits regardless of size, 750 or 950?

The 950. It supports 120Hz over DVI natively. Have no idea why Samsung removed the DVI port from the SA750. Other than making a bold statement and possibly forcing some people to opt for the higher priced SA950.

Last edited:
Soldato
The 950. It supports 120Hz over DVI natively. Have no idea why Samsung removed the DVI port from the SA750. Other than making a bold statement and possibly forcing some people to opt for the higher priced SA950.

Thanks but arent they going to be £450/£500 for the 27" versions :(

Really dont understand why the 750 doesnt have DVI, makes no sense

Soldato
^^

I thought you wanted a 23" version anyway which will be slightly cheaper. Prices haven't been confirmed yet but those prices are in line with the latest suggestions. Part of the price is for materials/aesthetics and built-in 3D capability and included stereo glasses. Since you will be making use of this capability it's a big plus.

Associate
I contemplated just seeing if it wouldn't be possible to partly 'frame' the monitor in something that was mountable and just leave it's footrest dangling in the air. Hmm.. crucified sammy build log, has a certain ring to it.

I really could not be arsed to wait this long to do a comparison against competitor products already on the market though. Might be regrettable, but I'm not expecting any groundshaking differences between them.

Soldato
The only 'competitor' for the 27 inch versions currently on the market is the Acer - and that isn't officially on the UK market anyway. That has shot itself in the foot for many people by restricting its market largely to users with Nvidia GPUs (and AMD GPU users with more money than sense or who plan on going green in the near future). It doesn't sound like it takes much beating if certain testing is to be believed. If Samsung can implement similar RTC algorithms to those used in the excellent 2233RZ and couple this with low input lag they will be onto a potential winner. Image quality of course remains to be seen as well but the UltraClear panel coating and Samsung's experience with well-balanced TN panels should steer things in their favour.

Associate
I contemplated just seeing if it wouldn't be possible to partly 'frame' the monitor in something that was mountable and just leave it's footrest dangling in the air. Hmm.. crucified sammy build log, has a certain ring to it.

I really could not be arsed to wait this long to do a comparison against competitor products already on the market though. Might be regrettable, but I'm not expecting any groundshaking differences between them.

I possibly wouldn't mind doing it if the stand could just stick out the back, rather than down, but I'm not sure if I could be bothered to do it 3 times (I will be buying 3 of whatever my next monitor it) I already made myself an adaptor for my current Samsung monitor to give it vesa mounts, but I think these will require more thought for it...

Soldato
It's official enough that I've been using it for a couple of weeks now. I know you have a soft spot for the sammy's though ;)

Haha. Sorry, I didn't mean to come over as rude or abrasive. It is all part of hyping myself up for reviewing the Samsungs! ;) Maybe not the best idea as that could lead to unheard of levels of disappointment if they fall short of expectations! I know there are plenty of happy HN274H users (although better availablity in the UK would be nice!) I don't think the Samsungs, which have yet to materialise, should take anything away from that. Do you use it for the 3D Vision or just 2D gaming?

Last edited:
Associate
No worries :)

Been using it for 3d vision pretty much exclusively so far (still trying to figure out when the batteries in the glasses are going to run out too, ~6 hours per day for two weeks and still going strong).

I haven't even begun to configure the monitor (brightness, colour, etc.) for 2d usage yet. Been too busy getting stuff reinstalled and replaying things as all the PC is a relatively new upgrade over my older one.

Soldato
That was in reply to my dissatisfaction with levels of retail availability of the Acer HN274H. This is the monitor he was referring to (and really enjoying by the sound of it! :p).

Back
Top Bottom