• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sapphire AMD Deals

nej

nej

Associate
I thought that was just for faster customer service responses.
Years ago they used to do free shipping for forum members , should have kept my old account not often I buy things to be fair but already bought a graphics card, motherboard etc this year and for some reason I really begrudge paying £8 postage each time.

Associate
Years ago they used to do free shipping for forum members , should have kept my old account not often I buy things to be fair but already bought a graphics card, motherboard etc this year and for some reason I really begrudge paying £8 postage each time.
Chuck a new monitor in, lots of those come with free shipping for the whole basket

Don

Posted the wrong link, I have replaced it with the correct one.

Reactions: nej
Caporegime
Stairlift Don comes through!
y1H38Fm.png
[/spoilker]

Associate
Got my Sapphire Pulse 7900xt the other day. Fast delivery as usual from OCUK!

Replaced my aged 1080TI and I am really impressed. Just slotted in with the same power connectors on my 750W PSU.

Timespy Extreme graphics score went from 4826 to 12257.

Great 4K performance, no issues with drivers ect. The driver UI is excellent.

Recommended for anyone looking to upgrade an older GPU like mine even if moving from Nvidia.

This is the best priced bang for buck GPU on the market and its not even close.

Soldato

Replaced my aged 1080TI and I am really impressed. Just slotted in with the same power connectors on my 750W PSU.

Recommended for anyone looking to upgrade an older GPU like mine even if moving from Nvidia.

Agreed. I've gone from 2070S (so similar performance to you) to the same, and I'm very impressed.

I'm running at 1440p, and I've seen a number of games already exceed 12GB VRAM usage as well!

Associate

Great upgrade. What CPU are you using?

Soldato
Been having some issues with my 7900XT, where my system would just randomly shutdown during a game, and it would be a complete shutdown where I'd have to remove the power cable for a bit until all power is out the system and start up again.

At first I thought it was because of using 1 pci-e cable for both 8-pin connections, but nope even with 2 seperate cables it still happened.

Then tried re-installing drivers for gpu, cpu, motherboard and even did a bios update. Still happening. So I thought ok lets take everything apart.

Problem solved.

Make sure your air filters are clear, the air filter for my PSU (under the case was blocked so the PSU was overheating and causing a shut down (seasonic focus gold 750w), this wasn't a problem with my 5700xt as its power draw was half of what the 7900xt can do.

Last edited:
Soldato
Been having some issues with my 7900XT, where my system would just randomly shutdown during a game, and it would be a complete shutdown where I'd have to remove the power cable for a bit until all power is out the system and start up again.

At first I thought it was because of using 1 pci-e cable for both 8-pin connections, but nope even with 2 seperate cables it still happened.

Then tried re-installing drivers for gpu, cpu, motherboard and even did a bios update. Still happening. So I thought ok lets take everything apart.

Problem solved.

Make sure your air filters are clear, the air filter for my PSU (under the case was blocked so the PSU was overheating and causing a shut down (seasonic focus gold 750w), this wasn't a problem with my 5700xt as its power draw was half of what the 7900xt can do.

Was typing PSU issue as i was reading this but then saw you solved it cos of overheating psu haha.

Soldato

Problem solved.

Make sure your air filters are clear, the air filter for my PSU (under the case was blocked so the PSU was overheating and causing a shut down (seasonic focus gold 750w)

Glad you got it sorted. You did the opposite of what a decent PC technician would tell you to do. You did the hard parts first. :D

Associate

Problem solved.

Happened to me with a RM850x which was failing and cutting out on load. My 60ti before was not drawing anywhere near as much power in load so was fine. Had a spare RM750x which is doing great.

RMAed the RM850x and got a new sealed unit which I’ll keep for any future gpu upgrades as 850w will become necessary..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom