• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SAPPHIRE RX 480 NITRO NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (WORLD FIRST) !!!

Associate
Yaaaaas shipped.

Nitro OC 8GB OCUKers we are here. :cool:

Watch it RMA on me now. Maybe No Man's Sky might be patched into playability by the time I get around to installing it. :D

Soldato
Depends if you replace your card every year, or every five years. If it's the latter, then the 8 GB version is a sensible investment, even if you're currently gaming at 1080p. You might not be in a couple of years.

Associate
Having a reading of 83.5 ASIC quality means you got a really good card that is efficient and a good card for overclocking.

Haribo. Really? you have a 480! :D

Mine has a reading of 81.6% it is a 4GB version.

I got a 78.8%...

Underneath it reads "Your card's ASIC quality is higher than 51.3% of similar GPUs in our validation database" so I guess I'm almost spot in the middle of the lottery.

Where do 81.6 and 83.5 place you?

Associate
Got my 4gb today have it setup and ran a few tests

Fire strike - 9685
Time spy - 3757
ASIC Quality - 85.7

Really like the look of this card runs quite temps about 70 under load.
Big upgrade from a gtx 750TI. Time for some gaming now :)

Associate
Think I'm going to pull the trigger tonight on the 8gb version. Was toying with the idea of a 980Ti especially as the price came down today - but can't justify the extra ~£100.00 (would be completely over budget for me plus I'd need a new PSU so additional spend there). This card will need to last me 2+ years.

But then do I go for a 1060 instead...

Aargh I don't know.

No. 480 it is.... Or is it.

Someone make the decision for me please.

Associate
Think I'm going to pull the trigger tonight on the 8gb version. Was toying with the idea of a 980Ti especially as the price came down today - but can't justify the extra ~£100.00 (would be completely over budget for me plus I'd need a new PSU so additional spend there). This card will need to last me 2+ years.

Aargh I don't know.

I've read far too much about both cards, from reasoned argument to petty angry fanboy rucks, and I decided on the 480 for longevity. The lack of adaptive vsync is irritating but that's it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Had my 4GB card in for a day and had a little play with Wattman. Haven't gone too crazy. Seems to be stable at 1360mhz Core and 1950mhz Memory. I think it has more in it for memory though.

Upgrade from a 5850 (oc'd) has seen my Unigine Valley Benchmark go from 18fps to 53fps :D

... I got my haribo ;)

Last edited:
Associate

Aargh I don't know.

This was me aswell haha, do it!:cool:

Back
Top Bottom