• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SAPPHIRE RX 480 NITRO NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (WORLD FIRST) !!!

Associate
My 480 8GB Nito+ arrived today well worth the wait as im very pleased with the performance of this card, DPD arrived on time and was pleased how easy i could change the delivery date to the 17th instead of the 15th.
Thank you overclockers team and Gibbo for the constant updates.

Associate
All installed and running, 78.9& ASIC =( Was hoping for 80+

My only critisism is that NONE of the screws on the backplate were flush, I tried scewing them in more but they didn't budge, I suspect Sapphire ran out of the right size screw XD

Associate
It arrived a while back just waiting on drivers installing sat on Installing Digital Audio for a while now :(

Happy to report I got a pack of Haribo thanks OCuk <3

Associate
All installed and running, 78.9& ASIC =( Was hoping for 80+

My only critisism is that NONE of the screws on the backplate were flush, I tried scewing them in more but they didn't budge, I suspect Sapphire ran out of the right size screw XD

I'd recommend not screwing them in further. The screws are spring loaded and I assume they are screwed in as far as they will go before causing damage.

Caporegime
Bah, mine's still in its box waiting for me to have time to build my PC into its new case. Can't even test that it works atm :p Only 3 more days to the weekend...

Soldato
Can you return a card for having a bad ASIC? I don't really know what it is, but it sounds undesirable.

You do not need to worry about ASIC quality and I highly doubt you be able to return a card for a lower ASIC value. It will not affect performance or reliability.

Mine is a 4GB and has an ASIC quality of just over 80% but my card performs the same as all the other 4GB cards out there.

Associate
Can you return a card for having a bad ASIC? I don't really know what it is, but it sounds undesirable.

The asic isn't 'bad' per se. The higher the percentage the better it'll overclock/undervolt. As long as the card is functioning as it should i think it's highly unlikely OCUK would accept an RMA for having a low asic quality.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
According to GPU-Z lower ASIC is better for water and LN2 cooling, higher ASIC is better for air.

Don't know why but that's what it says. My Nitro OC+ 8Gb is ASIC 84.6%.

Might actually have a go at OC'ing tonight if I have any energy left after 10pm.

Associate
I thought for AMD cards a lower ASIC quality was preferable unless you were going for extreme overclocking (Super W/C or LN2) ?
The way i understand it, the lower the asic quality the more voltage leakage the GPU will be susceptible to. This has ramifications for efficiency and overclocking. Whether it's AMD or Nvidia shouldn't make a difference.

Edit: There does seem to be a bit of ambiguity on this issue however.

Last edited:
Associate
Last edited:
Associate
Now im not sure if i should switch my order to OCuk. I ordered an RX 480 8GB OC Nitro on a Dutch site but they have no idea when they'll be receiving more and here they are in stock now, having filled out all the pre orders (enjoy your new cards, guys! :D).
It will end up costing around 20e more (maybe even more depending on how they calculate shipping) just to order it from OCuk.

Associate
Back
Top Bottom