• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SAPPHIRE RX 480 NITRO NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (WORLD FIRST) !!!

OcUK Staff
OP
Pics or didn't happen

No problem

IMG_7824.jpg

Associate
its probably better than ref 480s :confused:

Probably but if not I'd rather just save some money and go for the reference design, or spend about the same and get a 1060 which has got some OC potential.

Even with some custom cooling efforts haven't seen anything to indicate the 480 has got much headroom at all.

Deleted member 2277

D

Deleted member 2277

I work in the electronics industry and there is no way I would want one of the first 30 production boards, these are the ones that end up needing to be reworked until all of the initial teething problems are ironed out. The fact they have only shipped 30 indicates to me that that the production run isn't going so well.

Associate
I really like the look of that. It's nicely understated for an custom card compared to some of the OTT designs we've seen lately. Almost like the EVGA ACX 2.0 cooler in some ways.

Now I'm even more conflicted! Do I go with this beauty or a 1060:confused:

PS: Obviously not for my main system. I'm not swapping a 980Ti for a 1060.

OcUK Staff
OP
Looking forward to that, a couple DX11 games in there too if you don't mind?

Not possible, we are on a very tight schedule as the press want the card at 2pm Friday and unfortunately I am on holiday as off tomorrow, so the timing is not great so we can only do what we can.

End of the day we can show the percentage increase over the MBA card in performance which will pretty much translate into all games anyway. :)

Soldato
Not possible, we are on a very tight schedule as the press want the card at 2pm Friday and unfortunately I am on holiday as off tomorrow, so the timing is not great so we can only do what we can.

End of the day we can show the percentage increase over the MBA card in performance which will pretty much translate into all games anyway. :)

You guys are legends!

Soldato

2pm this Friday? That means we get the benchmark/review up this week right? Cool.

Caporegime

Ok :)

HRL

HRL

Soldato
I work in the electronics industry and there is no way I would want one of the first 30 production boards, these are the ones that end up needing to be reworked until all of the initial teething problems are ironed out. The fact they have only shipped 30 indicates to me that that the production run isn't going so well.

I'll take my chances with one if I'm in that first 30.

That's what warranties are for after all, if the worst does come to worst.

Back
Top Bottom