• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SAPPHIRE RX 480 NITRO NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (WORLD FIRST) !!!

How do you know if people want them for mining ? I wouldn't mind picking up a 470 or 2 for mining if they are fast hehe. Nobody seems to have noticed gpu mining is profitable after all this time.

Think is though, you can probably by a custome FPGA for the same money as 2x470 and mine even more efficiently, no? So why still use graphics cards?

What are people mining these days? Ether?

10000 @ £200 approx min estimate average price for all the Nitro 4gb & 8gb cards

Thats £2 million! ooppft!

Just this month so far we have already shipped over 3M value in graphics cards alone, July 2016 is our record month in the history of OcUK with around 7-8M worth of goods shipped in a month.

It is totally insane at the moment and is being fuelled by VGA and VR launches. :)

As mining is kicking off again on RX 480, but we are refusing to take orders until there is enough stock to cope with gamers and mining demand, gamers come first. :)

That's really odd.

ASICs are orders of magnitude better for mining, so now that there are ASICs for anything you'd want to mine, why would anyone go back to GPU mining?

Certainly I can only imagine dabblers and amateurs using them for that purpose. A serious mining outfit wouldn't use anything except ASICs, surely?

That's really odd.

ASICs are orders of magnitude better for mining, so now that there are ASICs for anything you'd want to mine, why would anyone go back to GPU mining?

Certainly I can only imagine dabblers and amateurs using them for that purpose. A serious mining outfit wouldn't use anything except ASICs, surely?

We have customers trying to order several hundred at a time for mining, we don't ask them why or their reasoning. But GPU mining is still going on for sure! :)

Until stock improves we simply informing them we cannot do large trade orders.

GPU cracking of passwords is popular these days isn't it? Could be an outfit pretending to mine.

back on topic: and now my 4GB one has shipped too :D Looked forward to trying both.

Getting a bit impatient now, going to ask where i am in the queue as if delivery isn't soon i'm going to have to cancel as i'm away on holiday for 2 weeks.
I must admit it would be handy if OCUK actually sent out some following emails around availability rather than having to check a forum especially when some people must have ordered with the ETA of the 22/07 showing but might not get cards for a few more weeks.

Back
Top Bottom