• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SAPPHIRE RX 480 NITRO NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (WORLD FIRST) !!!

Associate
your payments are just being taken out? They took my money when i pre ordered like the first day it was on ocuk. damnn hope i get mine soon. cant check email atm so its killing me. i need too know! lol

Associate
So after much deliberation and turning my nose up at the 1070 deal today I've gone ahead and preordered a 4GB nitro.

It's quite nice looking back through my OCUK order history. I can see I got my case back in 2012 and then upgraded my GPU to a 280X from here in Jan 2014, so I think I can justify a £200 GPU upgrade. After all, the 280X was £240! Managed to get about £100 for it, too, which makes the upgrade even less painful.

I'm sure it's been poured over in here already, but the kitguru review clinched it for me.

Associate
When you get e-mail from OcUK thinking its confirmation that my 2 Nitros have been shipped....

but instead it is a newsletter about "30% off on this amazing mechanical keyboard! Check out our award wining systems featuring GTX 10 series GPUs!"

Associate
Im waiting for a reply to my webnote to see how many thousands of people are in the que before me :D Only pre-ordered on 22nd .But i have patience , will possibly buy another one after i have sold my old card :)

Soldato
LOL,my Corsair SF 450W would probably be fine with a GTX980TI looking at those figures!! :p

Even with a Fury X or the Gigabyte GTX980TI with the big overclock with a Core i7 6700K at 4.4GHZ and if you take PSU losses into concern,that would probably mean around 320W drawn from the PSU.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Soldato
Please, Please - could some of the users try overclocking these and do some benches?? I have been impatiently waiting for real results of the 8gb card - reviews of the 4gb are pointless to me!

Associate
It's nice to see so many new posters at OcuK joining the uprising. :)

I never would have thought when I decided I wanted a new graphics card 6 months ago it would have led to being part of a revolution, but here I am, an AMD fanboy now more than ever, diligently waiting for the gifts from my new overlords. Hire me and do what you want with my body AMD!

Soldato
I've cancelled my pre-order and got a ref cooled one.

it's fine tbh, it does get hot at doom@1080p everything on max - 84c max, fan stopped at 59%

sits above 120fps 99% of the time.

I took it because my case is tiny(just long enough to fit the card and exhaust fan imo was better choice.

Associate
Im waiting for a reply to my webnote to see how many thousands of people are in the que before me :D Only pre-ordered on 22nd .But i have patience , will possibly buy another one after i have sold my old card :)

I ordered mine on the 25th. I'll post here when I receive notice so others who have ordered before/after me have an idea of timings :)

I'm not going to bother the team at OCUK, I can wait, after all it's just a toy :) It certainly feels like time stands still when you've placed a pre-order though. It's a bit like being a small boy again the night before Christmas!

Back
Top Bottom