Satisfactory Alpha release

Associate
Ah go on then, what's the worst that could happen.... Say goodbye to several hours? :D
It is a great game, but also a time sink. Trying to get your lines to be 100 efficient, splitting and merging lines to get just the right output.
There is a large amount of things to do hundred of hours of play, but it is not a finished, there is a story still to come. Devs are keeping in contact with users and recently dropped a large update.

I cannot wait for for the DLC.
Toilet Flushing
So far, there has been only one DLC confirmed, which would introduce flushing of the toilet in the HUB.[DLC 1] It will cost $1, the release date is not known. A related Toilet Paper DLC was also hinted at.

Associate
Well and truly fell down the rabbit hole didn't I.... Wow .... I've been watching a few youtube vids which has been helpful. Lots to unlock before i can build some of what i've seen!

Associate
It'll feel like several hours, but you'll look at the date and realise it's been several days and you're still not quite where you want to leave it.

As much as I tried to get perfect splits, when I updated and started over I did as much perfect as I could from the ore processing onwards but just shoved any nearby miners onto the same speedy conveyor in the end and hope it was enough to keep up.

Associate
Remember to eat and drink :D

What day is it again? Why am i so dehydrated?

Well it's addictive i'll give it that , I have found myself following a few youtube guides for some more complex/efficient builds so that i don't have sprawling lines everywhere ... Which does kind of feel like cheating in a way. Not sure how much playability it's got for me with the lack of an obvious end-goal though. Anyone tried multiplayer...is that any good?

Soldato

Well it's addictive i'll give it that , I have found myself following a few youtube guides for some more complex/efficient builds so that i don't have sprawling lines everywhere ... Which does kind of feel like cheating in a way. Not sure how much playability it's got for me with the lack of an obvious end-goal though. Anyone tried multiplayer...is that any good?

Honestly, you're kind of spoiling it for yourself in my opinion by doing that, as for end game, until you've got a golden mug and at least a dozen golden acorn statues I'd say it's not done :D

Associate

I've played a little multilayer. It's the same thing. More convenient to have someone to pass you that one thing you forgot to bring when setting up machines. It's good fun I just never got online with my mate at the same time so ended up playing solo. I'd say more enjoyable with friends if you can both spare the time but not a necessity.

Soldato
Multiplayer will be a lot better when they release dedicated servers, currently it's a bit of a faff due to the save file being on one persons computer at a time without using mods.

Associate
110 hours in, just finished sinking plutonium, probably need another 100 hours to finish the last task thing. I'll also want to tidy up the spaghetti, get all hard drives and make things better, another 100 hours :p

I feel some kind of "defend the castle" idea would make the ultimate end game. Lots of monsters breaking down your stuff while you keep increasing production to keep them back.

Associate
110 hours in, just finished sinking plutonium, probably need another 100 hours to finish the last task thing. I'll also want to tidy up the spaghetti, get all hard drives and make things better, another 100 hours :p

I feel some kind of "defend the castle" idea would make the ultimate end game. Lots of monsters breaking down your stuff while you keep increasing production to keep them back.

I'm 80 hours in and still in t6

Soldato
Decided to buy this, not sure why as I enough to play. I see that update 55 will be out soon, do they tend to push such large updates to the experimental branch first..?

Anyone felt the need or use to download any of the mods listed here.....

https://ficsit.app/

(mod manager also there)

......any worth considering over vanilla..?
I'll be probably better off learning the games mechanics first before trying any, if at all.

Let's see when I'll get round to actually playing it...!

Man of Honour
Decided to buy this, not sure why as I enough to play. I see that update 55 will be out soon, do they tend to push such large updates to the experimental branch first..?

Anyone felt the need or use to download any of the mods listed here.....

https://ficsit.app/

(mod manager also there)

......any worth considering over vanilla..?
I'll be probably better off learning the games mechanics first before trying any, if at all.

Let's see when I'll get round to actually playing it...!

Yes updates go to the experimental branch first, I've never bothered with any mods

Associate
Yes updates go to the experimental branch first, I've never bothered with any mods

I love Smart! - allows you to build large foundations/walls etc quickly. Great for exploring as well as ramps are horrible to place.
Other essential for me is - Beltfed Biomass Burner - eases the pain of having to run around feeding all the biomass burners you need early in the game.
QoL mods
Exosuit Mod - combo of jetpack and blade runners
Autosplitters - kinda cheaty in that it balances flows.

Back
Top Bottom