Saving Sessions / Demand reduction thread

I can’t dump to the grid on mine. I’ve gone for 50% of my usual charge over night to get me through the morning. I don’t expect to game much tomorrow. We’ll see. Maybe £10 profit.

Was on the fb group that it was just a API test. Hence no time on the app. But could be wrong

Edit. Ah the time is there now.

Last edited:
Its an odd thing when your annoyed at generation, just goes to show how messed up the process is.

Hopefully with the incoming (unproven) Octopus Solar/battery tariff there is something in there that allows us to really contribute to the savings sessions in a green way.
Such as being paid a sensible amount to send energy to the grid whilst those sessions are running.

Eg cheap charging in the 10 hour window, go on grid during the day, dump batteries during the actual savings session, go back to battery/on grid for remainder of the day.
That needs to be more beneficial to me than gaming the system as we are doing now, to some extent.

IMO its got to come eventually, we are no different to grid storage, why should they get £1 a unit for supplying for peaks and charging when its cheap and homeowners not.

Its an odd thing when your annoyed at generation, just goes to show how messed up the process is.

Hopefully with the incoming (unproven) Octopus Solar/battery tariff there is something in there that allows us to really contribute to the savings sessions in a green way.
Such as being paid a sensible amount to send energy to the grid whilst those sessions are running.

Eg cheap charging in the 10 hour window, go on grid during the day, dump batteries during the actual savings session, go back to battery/on grid for remainder of the day.
That needs to be more beneficial to me than gaming the system as we are doing now, to some extent.

IMO its got to come eventually, we are no different to grid storage, why should they get £1 a unit for supplying for peaks and charging when its cheap and homeowners not.
they will use the usual overheads argument....... as to why they dont pay decent export rates

Honestly I'm not that bothered, as I'll probably earn a reasonable amount via export regardless. I mean I've already made over £50 from exports alone.

During the saving session the batteries will be full so I won't be using the grid which ultimately is what this is about. It's just fun to try and squeeze a bit of extra benefit out! :)

Last edited:
Honestly I'm not that bothered, as I'll probably earn a reasonable amount via export regardless. I mean I've already made over £50 from exports alone.

During the saving session the batteries will be full so I won't be using the grid which ultimately is what this is about. It's just fun to try and squeeze a bit of extra benefit out! :)

No but its messed up, we are all potentially really useful resource and yet not being fully/correctly utilised.

IMO sooner or later someone with some brains is going to push it.
Same as V2G with cars. (Although personally I would be more cautious with a car battery than a home battery, unless/until replacement cell tech comes along, or they are proven to last beyond the economic point of a car to some extent, bit word salad but hopefully makes limited sense ;) )

No but its messed up, we are all potentially really useful resource and yet not being fully/correctly utilised.

IMO sooner or later someone with some brains is going to push it.
Same as V2G with cars. (Although personally I would be more cautious with a car battery than a home battery, unless/until replacement cell tech comes along, or they are proven to last beyond the economic point of a car to some extent, bit word salad but hopefully makes limited sense ;) )
I think y'all a bit of an edge case of anoraks at the moment (no offence :)).

V2G could commoditise it, if the apps improved significantly to manage this...

I think y'all a bit of an edge case of anoraks at the moment (no offence :)).

V2G could commoditise it, if the apps improved significantly to manage this...

No I agree we are, and no offence taken at all

Its just surely now is a good time to work out what would need to be the influence on the home battery storage group before its a more critical mass and messing up the calculation means it fails to achieve its desired result, or people get PPE rich off the scheme ;)

Back
Top Bottom