Saw V

Soldato
Life is his gift!!

Anyways I absolutly love the SAW films and thats not because of the gore! They are one of the only genuine horror films to build upon each installment rather than just set up the same situation from the first movie again with new victims. In my opinion Saw 4 was the best one so far as it brought so many old characters together (many you will have not noticed if you didn't watch 1-3 before hand) and the final twist was amazing, certainly the best one yet!

Theres so many little details that you can miss unless you watch again on repeat viewing. For instance keen eyed views will have noticed Hoffman was a villian straight away at the start of Saw 4 when he was talking to the other detective with a teddy bear for his kid, well in fact that is the same teddy bear Jeff's daughter is holding right at the very end of Saw 3! Also the drug addict from number 2 is in the background of Jigsaws flashbacks in Saw 4 when he is walking in the park! Just little details like this make it great!

I can't wait for number 5 and I can't wait to read what the letter actually says from Saw 3 that sent Amanda over the edge! Anyone who critisises Saw for being a cheap movie about gore hasn't seen more than one movie and/or hasn't looked deep enough! Compared to say Friday the 13th or Jason movies etc they are in a league of their own!

But yes amongst all that THERE WILL BE BLOOD ;)

Last edited:
Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
I really want to see all the films... if they made a Cert 12 version that would be brill as I hear there are good storylines/twists.

Don't think I could watch them.. can't take gore or scary :( usually get around this on moviespoiler but I would imagine even that would be tres descriptive for these films.

BB x

Soldato
I really want to see all the films... if they made a Cert 12 version that would be brill as I hear there are good storylines/twists.

Don't think I could watch them.. can't take gore or scary :( usually get around this on moviespoiler but I would imagine even that would be tres descriptive for these films.

BB x

Its good for a movie to frighten you! I wish movies still did this to me :)

Associate
It's not that I have anything against the SAW films, I just don't see the point in watching hacked up movies at the cinema these days (was the opposite a few years ago) They'll only appear on dvd 4 months later in their TOO STRONG FOR CINEMA VERSION. 3 of the 4 SAW films so far have been released this way. As for the 5th - probably. Honestly at the rate of movies they do this too, people will start to think movies HAVE to be censored for cinema but not DVD, which is not the case.

Soldato
It's not that I have anything against the SAW films, I just don't see the point in watching hacked up movies at the cinema these days (was the opposite a few years ago) They'll only appear on dvd 4 months later in their TOO STRONG FOR CINEMA VERSION. 3 of the 4 SAW films so far have been released this way. As for the 5th - probably. Honestly at the rate of movies they do this too, people will start to think movies HAVE to be censored for cinema but not DVD, which is not the case.

Ironically the uncut Saw 1 edition has a really good scene cut!

Saw 2 adds about 10 seconds!

Saw 3 Directors Cut adds about 20 minutes and makes the movie much more enjoyable and brings it more in line with Saw 4. The ending is also changed quite a bit!

Soldato
Opinion:

The SAW films were inherently pointless. It must be obvious that they're an over-inflated cash cow? The story should have ended in 3, but yet they've still managed to squeeze 2 more out?

There is nothing scary about films like this. All they do is try to push the boundaries of an ever expanding circle of discomfort. Too many films try to kill people in different ways, and it hasn't been shocking since the early 70's. Death and Murder plague us day by day in reality, wether its war, a missing schoolgirl or a serial rapist. We grow accustomed to the sickness of the human being, and films like this accomplish nothing more than giving it a shiny wrapper and hiding it behind an off button. There is a thick screen between film and reality, and whilst it remains, films like this will never be scary. This is the obvious inherent design flaw, because that's all these films have.. shock value. They're not shocking, and it's about time they tried something new.

Soldato
tbh they aint that bad films as far as killing time goes, i love the twists etc.
Ill go see this aslong as someone can confirm the line "id like to play a little game" is somewhere in it :D

Soldato
I have seen them all upto now, so kinda have to watch this one.

I do like them all though, fair enough i can't see any being as good as the first one, but i still like them and will be watching VI as well ;)

Soldato
the first one is one of my fav films ever, the rest are tripe, 3 was a joke with the drill section, just needless gore, started to watch 4 and watched the gore at the start and thought **** this.

What started out as a twisty thriller turned into imo hostel part 3/4/5/6

Soldato
The first one was awesome. Second was a bit pap so didnt watch it all and haven't bothered with any since, as I knew theyd be even worse.

MIGHT see this at the pictures if mates are, but not desperate to see it.

Associate
Yeah, Tibbs was just saying today that we'll have to see the new Bond, just because it's Bond. I feel the same way about the Saw installments, the first one is awesome and quite original, after that they got progressively worse.

Back
Top Bottom