Saw V

Associate
Spoiler

Saw this last night. The tag line 'you won't believe how it ends' is right Saw 5 is clearly setting up Saw 6. So Saw 5 doesn't have a true ending.

Also in Saw 5 you discover that Hoffman, sets up a Jigsaw type copycat trap to kill the man who killed his sister. With the next scene showing a newspaper headline along the lines of 'jigsaw strikes again' but you then find out Jigsaw recruits Hoffman after this to help set up the first trap from the first film.

So how can Hoffman copycat Jigsaw before he helps Jigsaw set up the first trap in the first film?????

Unless their going the whole prequel/flash back overload route showing traps from before the first trap in the original Saw.

Soldato
SAW this at the cinema on Friday thought it was good actually.

SPOILER

Above^^ Hoffman was blackmailed after wasnt he? Hense the discussion about how he had made a poor effort in copying his previous work by not giving him the chance to live, poor knife skills etc. I was wrecked and havent fully followed previous films though.

Soldato
watched first one last night & i thought it utter rubbish, not scary at all. from what i've been told the first one was extreamly over rated. not scary enough for my liking

I HATE horror films, they're either stupid (zombies, demons etc) and thus not scary, or just gore, which isnt scary either. The only "horror" films I like I don't see as horror, more thrillers.

Id put saw as a thriller tbh, along the lines of Se7en.

Soldato
So how can Hoffman copycat Jigsaw before he helps Jigsaw set up the first trap in the first film?????

I think it implies that there were more traps before the first film.

*edit*

Actually, thinking back, Jigsaw's very first victim was the guy that made his wife lose her baby wasn't it, as revealed in Saw IV (I think), So there were others before the first film took place.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
saw it with my girlfriend on friday

had more fun on time crisis 3 in the arcade beforehand

multiple sequels F T L

[except rocky and die hard ;)]

Soldato
*Spoiler*

Saw ;) it on Friday and enjoyed it. The scene where they had to put their hands into the saws to fil up the blood was horrible though, caught a few people looking like they were going to be sick.

Soldato
I saw it last night, it was ok.... I enjoyed seeing how flashback scenes explained more of the history of it all. And the hand trap is the first one that has made me cringe in the series so far.

the end was a bit 'meh' to be honest, without spoilingin it for others I think it should have ended differently as the link to previous films will now be so small another sequel will just be a shameless cash in unless it wraps the series up nicely. :)

Soldato
Yeah, they could have just ended with Saw V and left whether or not Hoffman will ever get caught a mystery.

*edit*

Actually, VI will probably involve Jigsaw's wife and the contents of the box that was given to her by the Solicitor.

Soldato
That is a good point and I did think of that, I was just under the impression you get of her character during the other films that they were rather distant and did not see eye to eye i the end. Although if any series can pull that killer twist in the story then its this one :)

Soldato
That is a good point and I did think of that, I was just under the impression you get of her character during the other films that they were rather distant and did not see eye to eye i the end. Although if any series can pull that killer twist in the story then its this one :)

I think the box will most likely contain evidence that Hoffman killed his sister's ex, as when Jigsaw captured Hoffman, he said that the evidence he had against him was in a safe place, and that if he disappeared it would be released. So the sixth movie could well be about Hoffman trying to track her down or something. I don't know, we'll have to see next Halloween :p

Associate
I reckon Saw 6 will be about how Hoffman was in some way involved with Cecil (the man who made jigsaws wife lose the baby) and thats why she will test Hoffman.

Otherwise why would she get involved, why would she go to the FBI and lie about being followed by Agent Strahm, planting the seed that Agent Strahm is the second accomplice and protect Hoffman. All the movies give the impression that she can not stand jigsaws work, so why would she suddenly carry on that work. Or maybe she's been the mastermind all along and has been hiding the truth.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom