Saw V

Soldato
Just saw this, it was okay. It's beginning to wear thin though, I hope they wrap it up once and for all with the next one. I literally thought it was the end installement due to the tagline.

Last edited:
Soldato
I may be making this up but i'm sure around the time of the 2nd one it was announce that Tobin Bell had signed a contract for 6 films I think it was so I wasn't surprised to see it end the way it did :)

Man of Honour
I loved the first four, but Saw V really is terrible. Really, really bad film with nothing to offer other than artificially extending the length of the series.

Soldato
Finally saw this on the weekend, was good to see about how some things in the past happened, but overall it just felt abit weaker than the previous films. And the 5 people in the trap wasn't as good as the second film, which managed to mix the people trapped in the house, with the other parts to do with jigsaw, better.

Soldato
Hmmm I agree that it isn't the best Saw yet it felt more like Saw 4.5 than Saw 5. It did a lot of what needed to be done in tieing up the lose ends from Saw 4 though but the big questions are STILL remaining:

1: What was in Amandas letter?
2: What happend to Dr Gordon?
3: How is Hoffman going to be tested? (from the first and last scene of Saw 4).
4: What was in the box that made Jill Tuck decide to help Hoffman by implicating Straum?
5: What was the relivance of the five been tested for Jigsaw? Did he forsee Straum would have had a pen in his pocket and so provided Hoffman with an elobrate plan to frame Staum later on?

Also its seemed to me as if it would be a massive stretch that Jigsaw could have forseen Agent Straum finding his dead body at the precise moment Hoffman was walking out and that is of course as well taking into account that Jigsaw KNEW Jeff and Amanda and Rigg would fail their tests in Saw 3 and 4.

Also there was a few plot holes. Why would everyone else be so quick to believe Straum was the apprentice when he himself had stuck a pen in his own throat to survive a trap? Why couldn't Straum just tell his superiors what he suspected about Hoffman... afterall there was a lot of evidence from the "Mechanical Failure" that allowed Hoffman to walk out to Agent Pirez implicating him with her dying breathe, to the connection with his dead sisters boyfriend.

Last edited:
Soldato
The first saw was such a good film because it was more of a psychological horror, rather than an out-and-out gore fest. it had its monets, of course, but most of it was in the thinking. It's what makes those REAL horrors such great films, of which i could probably count on one hand *cough*the shining*cough*

Soldato
Also there was a few plot holes. Why would everyone else be so quick to believe Straum was the apprentice when he himself had stuck a pen in his own throat to survive a trap? Why couldn't Straum just tell his superiors what he suspected about Hoffman... afterall there was a lot of evidence from the "Mechanical Failure" that allowed Hoffman to walk out to Agent Pirez implicating him with her dying breathe, to the connection with his dead sisters boyfriend.

Oh and another MAJOR plot hole! The cops/FBI seemed confident the murders had all been solved, but Straum was ATTACKED after he found Jigsaw and Amandas bodys... do they think that Straum but the box on his head himself or something!?

I love these films, but I really think you have to switch your brain off! lol

Soldato
Saw I had something and had an original twist - but the acting was truly cringeworthy... so bad I thought it was a ****-take at first?

Saw II was just plain bad

Saw III I turned it off after about 20 minutes.

Saw IV onwards I wouldn't know and never will lol!

Only commented as a few lads from work rave about the Saw series and for the life of me I can't understand the attraction.... just don't have a single redeeming feature, I mean why?

Permabanned
I watched this today and thought it was decent enough, up until the ending which was terrible. The first Saw was outstanding and the series went gradually downhill from there with each subsequent release. The first three were the best.

The tagline that you won't believe how it ends, is very true. I can't believe how lame and unsatisfying the ending was.

Associate
I thought all of them were pretty terrible, but the girls seem to like it so that's something...

I just hope we don't see a Saw X.

Back
Top Bottom