Say you’d won the £115M Euro Millions, would you go public?

Associate
I did some small calculations and if you would have 2% interest in your bank, you would make £2,300,000 in a year on just the interest.... Not too bad for just rolling the thumbs.

Soldato
£1m a year doesn't sound like a huge amount of money in today's inflated footballer salaries etc, but then you divide it by 52 and realise it's nearly £20k a week lol :p Puts everything into perspective...

Soldato
The "stereotypical chavs" probably play the lottery more than anyone else, so they are probably more likely to win it than you are. Maybe you should spend more time worrying about how much they are going to give you :)

Not really, they'll throw it away like it's no tomorrow like stereotype do until they're broke within 5 years. They won't be able to handle winning anything that big and it'll destroy that family, sad really

Soldato
Owning a super car doesn't require 115 million. You can still explain that and a big house with the bitcoin excuse...

And of course the rest of your cash is mostly tied up as you're still actively dabbling in crypto and other investments... which can explain any future big purchases too.

You keep going on about the Bitcoin excuse, it's honestly not a good excuse. You can't cash in without trashing the market. Just say your trading investments came in and just lie about the amount you have, just say you got a couple of million

Soldato
Also, if you buy a place next door to some other millionaire, say that guy is a director from GSK for example, I don’t think even if he knows, he is going to care, or the people he tells will give a damn. Not that I want to chance it but if you tell him you won the lottery as opposed to the figure (I mean why would you?), I really don’t think people with that kind of wealth would bat an eyelid or come knocking for handouts, or his friends would either.

That's weird you said that. My neighbour used to be a director for GSK.

Can confirm, worked for the owner of where I live for the last couple of years and pretty much the only people I've met on this street and have a conversations with regularly are other people that work for those that own property on this street. They're all too busy being successful, making bank and travelling to concern themselves with everyone else in the neighbourhood. The few I have met would probably just be really happy for you and then try to give you some solid advice on how to invest it. Except that one guy who works for a big bank, he's quite rude and not a great neighbour for no apparent reason. I would't tell him.

Caporegime
You keep going on about the Bitcoin excuse, it's honestly not a good excuse. You can't cash in without trashing the market.

Of course you can, there exist people who have made millions from bitcoin. There exists someone on this forum who has done so, go take a look in the motors forum. Do you think it is impossible that he did so?

Soldato
I honestly don't think i would tell anybody at all, and just come up with a story of where the money is coming from.

I've always been interested in trading the stock market for example, so i could say i'm doing that!

Probably invest in property and turn it into a business and use that down the line as another income stream story, but will be more easy to pass off by then.

Associate
Definitely not. Too many stories of winners getting screwed over. Money makes people behave in an ugly way, especially when they want it and you have it.

Associate
No way in hell I'd go public.

Thing is though, as someone's no doubt already said, you'd have to watch your step pretty carefully in terms of any ostentatious displays of wealth, assuming you stayed in the same house. If a Ferrari suddenly appeared where previously there was a knackered, ancient old Vauxhall, you can bet your arse that someone in the street would put 2+2 together and go whispering to the gutter Press, who would in turn have you staked-out and splashed across their pages in short order. At least if you moved to an upmarket area relatively quickly after the win, you could theoretically introduce yourself as having worked in the City or the Stock Exchange or something like that.

Sadly, the fact that you'd need to do that says terrible things about human jealousy and greed ...

Back
Top Bottom