Scammed on ebay....

Gangster
Associate
I sold a camera on ebay last week and recorded all serial numbers. The seller has now returned the camera because they no longer want it but they sent back another camera in worse condition.

Obviously the serial numbers do not match because it is a different camera but paypal has still refunded the money!

What can I do about this? I contacted paypal and they said the photos of the serial numbers does not prove anything :mad:

Soldato
Jesus. Thats more malicious than anything iv read on ebay scams.

You contacted the seller? and confronted him? What made you write down the serial numbers? never done this before when iv sold anything. :confused:

Soldato
This is true, the photographs you took cannot be proven to be YOUR photographs. You could have obtained them off google for all Paypal cares.

Not sure what you can do in this case. :(

Soldato
I sold a camera on ebay last week and recorded all serial numbers. The seller has now returned the camera because they no longer want it but they sent back another camera in worse condition.

Obviously the serial numbers do not match because it is a different camera but paypal has still refunded the money!

What can I do about this? I contacted paypal and they said the photos of the serial numbers does not prove anything :mad:

Maybe ask them what would prove it and see if you can provide that?

daz

daz

Soldato
You can always try the small claims court (money claim online) out of principle. It will cost ~£50 and some time but you can claim that back from the defendant.

Alternatively, you could try reporting the issue to the police, but unfortunately I don't think they would be bothered. :(

Soldato
eBay has it priorities all wrong, they screw all the sellers in ever possible way and thinking the buyer is the golden boy.

They dont seem to realise their business is only going to work with good sellers.
Cant wait for a viable alternative comes along. Their would be a mass exodus.

Also I cant help but think that their should be some looking into the fact they own PayPal as well.

Back
Top Bottom