Scammed on ebay....

Caporegime
It's disgusting. It's plain theft. No different to breaking into your house. (in my eyes but not thepolice )

Ebay are terrible for this. I don't know of any way to be genuinely safe using eBayand paypal . You can help but never guarantee. Maybe put you ID on a piece of paper in the photo? Terribl . I wish there was an eBay alternative

Soldato
That's just appalling. In future OP if you sell and take pictures have a piece of paper with your eBay username in the photo to prove it yours. Even better yet, take I.D with the photograph.

I dislike selling on eBay now, full of idiots.

Soldato
open a dispute with ebay and send all info and outline your case asap
also call the police i guess

get the sellers contact info too

how did it get to this stage anyway; to have ebay refund money you normally have to have opened a dispute

Soldato
Have you messaged the buyer telling them you have evidence of the serials and that the one they sent back is not right one, nicely of course..? Maybe mention the words police and theft and see if they're willing send back the right one.

How does Ebay expect the seller to protect themselves these days? :confused:

Soldato
Have you messaged the buyer telling them you have evidence of the serials and that the one they sent back is not right one, nicely of course..? Maybe mention the words police and theft and see if they're willing send back the right one.

How does Ebay expect the seller to protect themselves these days? :confused:

Technically it is theft and the photos would match the serial number on the camera. Did it get sent with a used memory card in it? The police will also recover the data from that and use it as evidence.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Whenever you have trouble with PayPal, and are on the wrong end of fraud/scams, contact the Financial Ombudsman Service. They'll most likely sort you out.

Back
Top Bottom