Scotland fans supporting England?

Associate
Morba said:
i have no doubt that most of the uk other than england will be cheering for whoever we are playing against :]

So true, take Andy Murrays latest outburst that he will cheer any team playing against England. I wont be supporting him in Wimbledon now

Soldato
Trox said:
Might be surprised how many Scots will support England, a lot of unionjack flyers, most of the Rangers fans will be supporting England i bet :)
Yep, my housemate is a Rangers fan and he'll no doubt have his England top on during the world cup.

Soldato
axe said:
You Supported Scotland Under William Wallace now support England Under Me - Sven

Spose its not Scotlands fault there teams not good enough for the W.C So no doubt there jealous of england :p :p

England fans don't seem to realise that just doesn't annoy us anymore since we know we're poor. :p

It just takes England fans a bit longer to realise England aren't god's gift to football. ;)

Associate
I am fiercely proud to be British. However I will never support Eng-er-land (unless they are playing Germany, Argentina or Ireland) because of the unbelievably arrogant Eng-er-lish media.

For example - 'Wayne Rooney will not be available for the group stages, but will be available for the later stages'.
NOT ONCE has 'if they qualify from the group stages' been added.

I also don't understand the hype that surrounds an Engerland v Germany or Argentina game. 'One world cup and two world wars'? When did Engerland ever fight a war against either Germany or Argentina. I'll tell you when - never.

Soldato
Gilly said:
:/

ONE-NIL DOWN
FIVE-ONE UP
TWO WORLD WARS AND ONE WORLD CUP

yup so no scots welsh or irish troops took part in those conflicts atall. And you wonder why we dont support you lot.

Get a stuffing I sure hope yas do

Man of Honour
McMav said:
yup so no scots welsh or irish troops took part in those conflicts atall. And you wonder why we dont support you lot.

Where does it say it was exclusively English troops exactly?

Christ, chip on shoulder doesn't quite cover it for you two! Where's the US and aussies in that chant? Where's the Russians? The French? Not getting all hot and bothered about their exclusion though are you?

Soldato
Ah I thought this thread was about scotland supporting england. so I threw in the other home nations. shocking eh. Anyway everyone knows it was america that won the wars.

Soldato
Lets not get off topic here, but I think you have misread Gilly's post. This isn't a history lesson, he posted the poem in response to a crap post.

Man of Honour
McMav said:
Ah I thought this thread was about scotland supporting england. so I threw in the other home nations. shocking eh. Anyway everyone knows it was america that won the wars.
I just wondered how someone can have his nose pushed out of joint by an England football chant that only sings about England. Either thats a special kind of stupid or the person would hate England too much no matter what happened, whether the chants existed or not and whether England did well or not.

I don't really mind the home nations not supporting England. Its not like its a new thing and its not like we've been affected by it in the past. I just don't want it to be for the wrong reason. Its prejudice and hatred that stops people like big white dog from supporting England. They're just trying to make it acceptable by complaining about the England chants.

Soldato
I dont actually hate England as such I just cba with all the hype and nonsense that is splurted over them. Actually feel sorry for the team coz when they dont win it the same people generating all the hype will be the first to call them a bunch of failures again and look for a scapegoat.

Man of Honour
Gilly said:
Its prejudice and hatred that stops people like big white dog from supporting England. They're just trying to make it acceptable by complaining about the England chants.

What about complaining about the arrogance and bias shown by the commentators? Is that a more acceptable reason? I don't really care what England fans sing along to but watching a match while listening to such idiocy from paid commentators gets to me so I normally end up turning the sound down or off. Although I have to admit pointing out that commentators say stupid things is a little tautological, it is almost part of the job description.

Man of Honour
semi-pro waster said:
What about complaining about the arrogance and bias shown by the commentators? Is that a more acceptable reason? I don't really care what England fans sing along to but watching a match while listening to such idiocy from paid commentators gets to me so I normally end up turning the sound down or off. Although I have to admit pointing out that commentators say stupid things is a little tautological, it is almost part of the job description.
I'd prefer you complained about the media. The commentators talk constant crap anyway, but the media really annoy me.

This, I assume, is what Mav is on about too.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
I won't be supporting England because I don't think it's right to try and hijack any glory they might have just because my own country isn't there. Yes I know we're all British yadda yadda but in International Football we are 4 seperate entities. I don't hate the English or the players or anything, I just enjoy a world cup more if I support their opponents.

The atmosphere in my local is great when an England game is on. Nobody wants them to win, for whatever reason, and it means there's always someone to cheer on. Because, lets face it, in about 50% of the games are boring as **** and the outcome is irrelevant.

That said, I think a lot more Scots (and Welsh, Northern Irish) would support the England team if it wasn't akin to supporting terrorism. Seriously, if I said, "actually I hope England win this game", I'd be thrown out the pub and possibly the country.

I think a lot of non-English fans want you to go quite far, if only so we can cheer on your opponents for more games.

edit: of course if you won it I'd kill myself.

Associate
I think the bias commentry annoys most English people too. Well it does me anyway.

In this context you have to remember that:

Scotish people hate the English
Welsh people hate the English
Irish people hate the English

The English on the other hand are too busy fueling their hate for the French, Germans and Americans to actually notice.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
G.O.A.T said:
I think the bias commentry annoys most English people too. Well it does me anyway.

In this context you have to remember that:

Scotish people hate the English
Welsh people hate the English
Irish people hate the English

The English on the other hand are too busy fueling their hate for the French, Germans and Americans to actually notice.

Not true. Scottish people don't care for a lot of English people, mainly the same people that don't care for Scots.

You seem to have the notion that we all hate you because you're bigger and better than us at things (like football), and frankly, it's rubbish. By and large, Scottish football fans accept our position in world football, if your media, and an element of your fans, could accept yours, we'd all get on a bit better.

Associate
Tru said:
Not true. Scottish people don't care for a lot of English people, mainly the same people that don't care for Scots.

You seem to have the notion that we all hate you because you're bigger and better than us at things (like football), and frankly, it's rubbish. By and large, Scottish football fans accept our position in world football, if your media, and an element of your fans, could accept yours, we'd all get on a bit better.

As an englishman working in scotland. That also goes the same for scots media as well . Its bordering on the rabid towards hating anything english at this time. It doesn't exactly help harmony or 'harmless banter' ;)

Back
Top Bottom