Scotland fans supporting England?

Man of Honour
Tru said:
By and large, Scottish football fans accept our position in world football, if your media, and an element of your fans, could accept yours, we'd all get on a bit better.
The problem is, on the face of it we have the players good enough to challenge the top countries in the world. We've just underachieved for a long time.

If we didn't have the players then the hype wouldn't follow and the media wouldn't be quite as annoying as they are. It probably doesn't annoy us as much as it does you, but it can't be that far off.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
duc999 said:
As an englishman working in scotland. That also goes the same for scots media as well . Its bordering on the rabid towards hating anything english at this time. It doesn't exactly help harmony or 'harmless banter' ;)

I agree. The Scottish (tabloid) media are a shower of ****. They only turn on the English because they don't have an excuse to peddle their borderline sectarianism.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
Gilly said:
The problem is, on the face of it we have the players good enough to challenge the top countries in the world. We've just underachieved for a long time.

If we didn't have the players then the hype wouldn't follow and the media wouldn't be quite as annoying as they are. It probably doesn't annoy us as much as it does you, but it can't be that far off.

You do have some great players and I think they are what puts you in the top 6 teams in the world, give or take. It's when injuries and form conspire against you that your chances are hit hard, but then there's not many countries with more than one world class player for any particular position.

The media definitely work against you, on one side the tabloids whip up a frenzy of expectation and on the other, old pro's are being wheeled out to say how crap the manager and players a, b and c are.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
I honestly think it would be rubbish if the UK, to a man, was behind England in the World Cup. We have lots of other opportunities to unite for sports events (Olympics, motorsport etc)

Yeah I supported ROI in '94, but that was slightly different imo, anyway, as a Celtic fan I'm obliged to support them.

Gav

Gav

Associate
Come on Trinidad and Tobego. :D

Rangers Fan.

I wont be supporting England because of the anti-scottish media bias that has errupted of the last couple of months. Talksport has gone down the gutter recently and I am sick to the back teeth hearing about why the Scottish should support England. You dont hear the same remarks being aimed at the Welsh or Irish.

Back
Top Bottom