Scottish Premiership (and SPFL in general) 2016/17

Soldato
Watched the Celtic game today they seem like they always have a couple of gears in reserve domestically at the moment

Really expect them to do the treble and go unbeaten the rest of the season

Associate
Hamilton were very poor but if the keeper was dismissed for handling outside the box and Garner was given a red and not a yellow (!!!!!!!!!!) things could've been different.

Rangers can have a go all they like, we're a far superior team and if they press us Sinclair, Dembele and Roberts/Forrest will have a laugh!

Indeed, but they never really looked like they were gonna do any damage. There was no urgency about Hamilton when Garner was off for a good 10 minutes or so.
I have no idea how he wasn't red carded.... They play again on the 18th and that could be a very different story. I wonder if anything will happen in regards to Foderingham grabbing the ball outside the box? I doubt it though.

I hope you're right! Even if we do win comfortably, it'd be better seeing them trying instead of pitching tents and hoping for the best. The last semi final was more or less 90 minutes of us battering the door down which gets boring kinda fast.

Just seen Eboue's tackle from yesterday... that's some way to make an entrance! I don't think he meant any harm but the follow through could have caused some damage.
I look forward to seeing more of him in the coming weeks, doubt he'll start on Sunday but who knows.

Associate
He won't start. It'll be Gordon, Lustig, bomb scare Boyata, Sviatchenko, Tierney, Bitton and Brown sitting, Roberts/Forrest (GMS has blew it), Armstrong, Sinclair and Dembele.

Nothing will happen with Foderingham, I think they're more looking for elbows and off the ball incidents for retrospective bans.

Associate
its about time the scotish league were all condensed into 2 divisions. it stupid to have to play a team 3-4 times to make the season last the correct time. it would increase tv money and prize money for the lower teams as they get to play the 'bigger' teams. yes it probably wont make much difference right away but over a few years the wealth would spread out and the teams would get better. it has to be better for the other teams.

Soldato
Holy thread necro.

But agreed Celtic are streets ahead of everyone else in Scotland both on and off the park.

I even know quite a few casual Celtic followers from the Republic who simply can't be bothered watching at the moment and are sticking to the EPL.

Another season with it over by Halloween while great for the Green and white will not be good for sponsors or TV companies.

I don't really see a solution in sight as Celtic can just buy the best players from the other teams.

Even with Rangers operating at a financial loss they can't compete with Champions league money.

It's up to other teams to up their game but I can't see how.

Unlike previous seasons there has been little to no interest from English clubs in Celtic players meaning a stronger team this season.

I just wonder how long BT Sport and sponsors will continue to pay for such a one sided competition.

Associate
Dafabet have signed the most valuable sponsorship deal is Scottish football history so there's obviously still interest. English teams wanted Dembele, Sviatchenko and Armstrong but we have no need to sell and 2 of them were injured.

Back
Top Bottom