Section 8

cant see a price on Steam, have found it for £22 online,

i cant put this game down its that good and is on pre-order, cant wait to try out the equipment currently locked in the beta..

i think casual gamers get scared when an fps comes along with jetpacks !!!!

Aye no price yet, if it's below £25 I'm getting it on Steam though.

The locked stuff is essential to the gameplay really. Tried to take out a convoy or VIP without some nice explosives or a tank? Takes FOREVER! The mortars are also awesome, like the mortars on the convoy only you throw them like grenades :D

Aye no price yet, if it's below £25 I'm getting it on Steam though.

The locked stuff is essential to the gameplay really. Tried to take out a convoy or VIP without some nice explosives or a tank? Takes FOREVER! The mortars are also awesome, like the mortars on the convoy only you throw them like grenades :D

mortars sound great fun !! i was in a server late last night and met GoRedWings off these forums.. he was playing with kin so there was quite a lot of teamwork which made the game even more fun.

so many good shooters/fps due out soon with OFP2, CoD and now Section 8 !! all look great in their own right but only S8 offers something different and not stock gameplay.. it deserves to be big.

It's an alright pick up and play game, however I still don't understand the mechanic when to use a shield depleting gun, to a normal one (which seems to take down health more).

I figured that people with loads of shield have little armour, so use the gun that takes down more armour, however this doesn't always work?

Can someone explain that to me at all, as I find I sometimes getting into a fight with the wrong gun!

I like it. It's a great 'one map blast' type game for when you've got 20 minutes.

Can it be being very BF2 like with a few mates on vent, used to love going round as a squad.

Think i'll buy it after release, just so they've got chance to get a few patches out.

Anyone found a UK retailer with any preorder bonuses? Noticed 360 version gets some jazz, just wondered if anyone has seen anything regarding PC?

Edit: Please don't post any names of competitors here, email is in trust.

Last edited:
I found the whole experience very average and it looks very dated to me.

The thing I really hate is having to destroy an enemies shields before they loose any health, that reminds me of Halo and I didn't like that very much either.

Glad I try before I bought though, so kudos to the developers for that.

Seems to me to be Halo with a bit of BF2142 thrown in. Whats the point in spending so much on a decent GPU if developers are only gonna release games with such dated graphics as in this game?

mortars sound great fun !! i was in a server late last night and met GoRedWings off these forums.. he was playing with kin so there was quite a lot of teamwork which made the game even more fun.

so many good shooters/fps due out soon with OFP2, CoD and now Section 8 !! all look great in their own right but only S8 offers something different and not stock gameplay.. it deserves to be big.

Hey eekfek It was good gaming with you the other night. hope to squad with you again soon. I should have given you the ts details so we can commuinicate squad wise.

Will be nice when everything is put back in, playing with all deployables was far far FAR more enjoyable tbh. /awaits free copy of game to arrive in the post.

Really enjoyed playing this last night. Looks like the full version will have even more to offer, will definitely be purchasing.

I guess the deployables are the things you buy (press B)?

Hey eekfek It was good gaming with you the other night. hope to squad with you again soon. I should have given you the ts details so we can commuinicate squad wise.

hello mate, your kin seems to work well together.. had some good fights on that server cheers...

New patch now out with a few fixes plus unlocking some deployables.

havent been on for a week or so, just grabbing this patch as i want to test the locked goodies !

Back
Top Bottom