self-defence

Soldato
fist.png

Bash their head in:)

Soldato
Car keys.

"...Put them in your hand an make em count..."

But yes, you can do many very dangerous things with everyday items you carry about, no need for weapons.

At the end of the day we dont live in America and providing you are sensible (i.e not walking around ****hole estates late at night on your own) you will be fine and never have to defend yourself.

Caporegime
what are you allowed to carry in this country if you are walking in the street and you want to defend yourself if you are being attacked? Are you allowed to carry pepper spray or a penknife?

Nothing - you can't carry weapons in the UK...

Obviously if you happen to have an object that can be used as a weapon on you, but have some other legitimate reason to be carrying it, then you might be OK.

A builder might have good reason to have a hammer, Stanley knife etc.. in a bag on the way home from work... a random unemployed youth would likely get in trouble for carrying a Stanley knife...

Soldato
If your intent is to defend yourself with any item, then it's illegal.

Rarely. Unless you run the second you spot 'trouble'.

What would you suggest? Im guessing the OP means he is getting attacked with a knife (You are not going to get a gun pointed at you in England and why on earth would you want to use a knife on someone who is not using one themselves?)

If you are getting mugged the only choices going through my mind would be hand over my stuff and run or just run. You could try chucking an item to them and hitting them as hard as you can as they go to catch it, but the chances are you will end up stabbed, also one on one rarely happens.

Caporegime
At the end of the day we dont live in America and providing you are sensible (i.e not walking around ****hole estates late at night on your own) you will be fine and never have to defend yourself.

You might be slightly sheltered/used to living in suburbia or something but that statement really doesn't hold true in major cites. Plenty of people get mugged in London simply minding their own business on the way home from the station or even on the train itself. You don't have to be a vulnerable female or flashing your ipad on a council estate to end up a victim - there even have been instances where gangs have held up entire tube carriages.

Soldato
You might be slightly sheltered/used to living in suburbia or something but that statement really doesn't hold true in major cites. Plenty of people get mugged in London simply minding their own business on the way home from the station or even on the train itself. You don't have to be a vulnerable female or flashing your ipad on a council estate to end up a victim - there even have been instances where gangs have held up entire tube carriages.

I work in Hackney, I do the night callout for the council domestic propertys which can be a bit worrying at 2am. Also I grew up in Harlow, one of my firiends was killed on his door step round the corner from my house. Hardly a Ideal suburbia.

Anyway what else would you suggest other than running away?

Edit: You even mentioned yourself you are not likely to be mugged by one person its likley to be a group, standing a fighting is not an option. going along with it will no doubt end up in some form of humilliation anyway with not the possiblity of geting hurt anyway.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I work in Hackney, I do the night callout for the council domestic propertys which can be a bit worrying at 2am. Also I grew up in Harlow, one of my firiends was killed on his door step round the corner from my house. Hardly a Ideal suburbia.

Anyway what else would you suggest other than running away?

Knocking the **** out of the other guy?

Caporegime

so why make silly statements like

When its quite apparent that potentially anyone, including a sensible person who doesn't walk round estate late at night, won't necessarily be fine and never have to defend themselves.

Back
Top Bottom