• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Selling GPU to CEX

Soldato
I've sold to cex many times, not been a bad experience, they would usually offer the most, however if it's over a certain amount they will only offer bank transfer which isn't ideal if you need the money sooner. I haven't had computer parts to sell, but when I had a phone worth over 100 or 200 to sell, I've gone to cash generator/converter as they always have the money. I've sold games and my partner's jewelry and walked out with 300 minutes later. They say they always have money, so if they accept graphic cards, I'd go there instead.

Soldato
I would go with no, thats quite low for a 3080 on the current climate.
Yeah better doing ebay collection but not sure tbh. You think prices will hold for a while? Seems like they could be like this for some months yet still.

Why not consider collection only option on Facebook marketplace or ebay.. Ideally when the discounted fees are available (usually once every two weeks, should be active again this coming Friday)
ebay would give highest price but hard to say, obviously more coverage if i do postage but more risk, or just go with gumtree and try a little lower price than they go for on ebay.

Associate
Looking at @Defy Belief For Sale thread, buying desktops from them can be an "interesting" experience!

Still, for those who like to tinker with hardware it's not a bad way to do so for free. Mind you, going on gumtree or fb marketplace and volunteering to fix people's computers for free might get you that tinkering buzz too. Although I suspect those who expect free computer support and fixes are trouble so I'd stay away from them!

Soldato
Looking at @Defy Belief For Sale thread, buying desktops from them can be an "interesting" experience!

Still, for those who like to tinker with hardware it's not a bad way to do so for free. Mind you, going on gumtree or fb marketplace and volunteering to fix people's computers for free might get you that tinkering buzz too. Although I suspect those who expect free computer support and fixes are trouble so I'd stay away from them!
I mean I've bought two from them now... First one had the wrong description so it had a 2tb hdd instead of a 2tb ssd. But was still a solid desktop but with a low spec board and psu.

Second one arrived damaged, with the internals fine, but a budget board with a budget psu, with the rest of the internals being decent.

I think its not a bad shout if you are on a budget or have loads of vouchers / buy a load at a cheaper rate.

Their Cs is absolute dog though, first build they offered to do nothing apart from me return the whole pc. As for the damaged pc they're still 'investigating' it.

Their pricing is all over the place, for example they sell 5700xts atm for £850 (was £900 a week ago) - yet you can get a 3700x pc with a 5700xt in it for £930 :p

Permabanned
I've sold to cex many times, not been a bad experience, they would usually offer the most, however if it's over a certain amount they will only offer bank transfer which isn't ideal if you need the money sooner. I haven't had computer parts to sell, but when I had a phone worth over 100 or 200 to sell, I've gone to cash generator/converter as they always have the money. I've sold games and my partner's jewelry and walked out with 300 minutes later. They say they always have money, so if they accept graphic cards, I'd go there instead.

I would imagine CEX will get you better a price for GPU's. They seem willing to pay some crazy prices and are maybe a little more clued up on them than the like sof cash converters. I may be well off the mark there though as I have never used them before.

Associate
Sold my 980Ti FE card to CeX recently for £178. Paid £550 new back in 2015 so was fairly pleased as seems to be the going rate.

Dropped off over the weekend and paid the next working day.

Soldato
Had a few messages when first listed on gumtree now nothing, looks like i will have to drop the price.

Anyone know if collection only on ebay will get more attention than gumtree? Looks like will have to wait till after xmas now.

CeX also dropped their prices more, so not taking it there.

Soldato
Had a few messages when first listed on gumtree now nothing, looks like i will have to drop the price.

Anyone know if collection only on ebay will get more attention than gumtree? Looks like will have to wait till after xmas now.

CeX also dropped their prices more, so not taking it there.
where are you based?

Might get more interest, I had no luck though, and just ended up selling and posting via rmsd when I've sold cards.

Generally a bad time of year to sell anything second hand mind you.

Associate
Found a gtx770 and 970 in my garage that I forgot I had. Took them to cex, 24 hours for testing and money transferred to my bank account next day. They paid slightly less than eBay prices, so I was quite pleased, no hassles etc.

I've never been to cex before and I was astonished at the prices they charge, some second hand hard drives and nvme are dearer than new retail prices. They were also selling a rtx 3070 for £1200!

Associate
Bad experience selling my 3080 FE today to CEX.
They refused saying the card is faulty because their monitor was blanking out and their PC froze and card was running 'quiet hot' during their testing.
Yet I have ran stress testing for hours with zero problems (before and now).
OCCT running for hours with zero errors (both GPU and VRAM tests).
Unigine running without problems.
FurMark also no problems.
While stress testing: GPU temp is 77c and 318watts (memory junction 92c, hot spot temp 89c).
I'm using/browsing while stress testing with zero problems (on my 165Hz monitor).

Who is wrong here? Me or CEX?

Soldato
Not really a wrong or right question.

If it's not faulty, then either their rig is, or they were instructed to not accept it...maybe too many, prices going down etc.

Why you selling? Fancy making some cash?

Associate
I was chatting to the manager in my local cex and he said they've been inundated with graphic cards, has piles of them. The 3080fe in their windows has dropped a £100 in a week. It's still £1550..

Back
Top Bottom