** SENNHEISER GSP 500 OPEN ACOUSTIC GAMING HEADSET ANNOUNCED - AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Soldato
ah also lol I maybe have had my hand on the preset button.. well ive given these as much time as I'm willing to.

SNIPER ELITE 4 - NO SOUND
FAR CRY 5 - CRACKLY SOUND POSSIBLY IN MONO
SNIPER ELITE 3 - NO SOUND
PUBG - SOUND BUT UNSURE IF ITS EVEN STEREO , NO 7.1
KILLING FLOOR 2 - APPEARS TO WORK
ELITE DANGEROUS - SOUND BUT UNSURE IF STEREO , NO 7.1
The stereo to 7.1 button on the GSX makes no sound difference on anything, infact none of the sound setting on the GSX to anything that i can hear

uninstalled and reinstalled my sennheriser3d game1 and works fine in 7.1 with the GSP 600,
going to return it not impressed sorry

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Have you installed the recent win10 update that stops the OS disabling 7.1 everytime you reboot?

We had issues getting 7.1 to work with a 7.1 speaker set we were promoting before chrimbo and it appears like they are still playing catchup trying to get things working again.

One of the guys managed to get it to work by downloading some dolby drivers which don't get auto detected and installed by the windows fall update. I'll speak to him Monday and post a link here if he thinks that would help.

I've emailed Sennheiser and asked them to get back in touch on this thread with some advice and support so keep an eye out. Probably won't be until Monday though at the earliest now.

I'm still waiting for our OcUK samples otherwise I'd try and help you resolve this myself!

Found a couple of steps on this thread:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/need-help-setting-up-gsx-1000.865164/

Hopefully they'll help.

OcUK Staff
OP
500's have landed now guys!

giphy.gif

Soldato
ok ok ok,,, so after following Niks distructions , I can confirm there are working exactly as described.. PUBG is a completely different game, first 30 seconds after drop I managed to get away from a guy who had a gun purely on sound. then find him an kill him when I found a gun. the gun sounds are completely different fired my m16 with an earbursting crack, and the sound reverberating around the whole valley... tried in sniper elite4 and all working well there to.

Soldato
Anyone with a Senn HD5xx pair compare to these?
Running HD598SR (open backed)+boom mic cable replacement+SB-Z. I suspect these would be something of a sidegrade but they do look fudging nice.

OcUK Staff
OP
ok ok ok,,, so after following Niks distructions , I can confirm there are working exactly as described.. PUBG is a completely different game, first 30 seconds after drop I managed to get away from a guy who had a gun purely on sound. then find him an kill him when I found a gun. the gun sounds are completely different fired my m16 with an earbursting crack, and the sound reverberating around the whole valley... tried in sniper elite4 and all working well there to.

giphy.gif

OcUK Staff
OP
Open Design Headphones
  • Open Headphones are designed to allow some outside noise to mix with the headphones' output.
  • Some listeners prefer the open natural sound (think listening to speakers in a room) rather than the isolated sound of closed headphones.
  • Open headphones may also boost sound clarity depending on the type of music you are listening to.
  • In general, open headphones are more comfortable with lighter pressure on the ear area.
  • Open headphones do allow sound to leak out, therefore people around you may be able to hear what you are listening to.
Closed Design Headphones
  • Closed Headphones are designed to isolate your ears from outside noise.
  • This isolation is useful for DJs, critical listening (ie. music production), and "zoning out".
  • Closed headphones generally provide a heavier bass sound.
  • Commuters who use headphones may prefer closed headphones because outside listeners will not be able to hear your music.
Taken from - https://www.turntablelab.com/pages/headphone-buying-guide-open-vs-closed-headphones

These points are more relevant to music listeneing, but extrapolate for gaming benefits.

OcUK Staff
OP
Just had a go of the 600's via a little HyperX USB soundcard I have and my... oh... my...

5-point review:
  • Loud
  • Quality
  • Noise isolation is great
  • Comfy
  • Robust
Only had the chance to listen to music with them now. Will try them out with some gaming tonight!

For the price they are currently feeling like good value. With the AMP deal they feel like a steal!

Back
Top Bottom