Sennheiser gsx 1000 thread?

Soldato
OP
Keep losing sound in BF1, think it may be a BF1 problem and not the GSX1000 as spotify and regular windows sounds play fine but I get no sound in game. Starting to do my head in :(

When I first installed the GSX I was having couple issues with USB devices like my USB mic and gsx wouldn't work together. It turned out I was over loading the USB hub.

Try making sure you put the gsx onto its own hub and see if that helps.
I can only give my feedback and I not lost sound in battlefield 1 up to this point.

Soldato
OP
Another video for you guys, this time I wanted to show the communication feature off better and what you can do with it.

Separating game audio from programs like Teamspeak or Discord has always been a real pain. In the past I have used software for this Virtual Audio Cable but it can have horrible effect like Lag, Delay or Audio just stops working.

Having this built into the GSX is a real Bonus is something I am very happy with.

Edit
Sorry for the pops really need to learn to record my mic better :( Think I need a Pop Filter

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Guys is they such thing has a 3.5 jack to optical converter?

I want to try plugging the GSX into the optical on my SoundBlaster Z to record that input and hopefully remove the interference sound.

Soldato
Guys is they such thing has a 3.5 jack to optical converter?

I want to try plugging the GSX into the optical on my SoundBlaster Z to record that input and hopefully remove the interference sound.

Google this:

Cable-Tex TosLink Optical Adapter to 3.5mm Mini Jack Plug Adaptor

Not 100% sure if that's what you are after.

Soldato
OP
Google this:

Cable-Tex TosLink Optical Adapter to 3.5mm Mini Jack Plug Adaptor

Not 100% sure if that's what you are after.

Seen that but I think that is only for some sound cards have the optical input inside the 3.5 slot its like a two way socket.

What I need is away to convert the 3.5 signal into a digital optical am not sure if its even possible lol

thanks

Soldato
OP
Is the GSX a worth while upgrade from my SB-Z? Going to be mostly for FPS gaming with HD599's, don't want to loose any sound quality.

Sound quality alone I wouldn't say so, I dont notice any difference in the quality of Music and games. The presets might be better on the GSX though
But based on the surround sound of the GSX vs the SBz 100% Yes!

Associate
Sound quality alone I wouldn't say so, I dont notice any difference in the quality of Music and games. The presets might be better on the GSX though

agree with this. I don't think you'll hear big jump in quality but the surround ****es on creative's

Associate
Anybody tried double amping one of these yet? I've got AKG K712 that I'd want to drive using the GSX 1000 but I was told on this thread it wouldn't work so I'm interested to know if double amping is viable to get the surround sound effect from the GSX without buying new headphones.

Soldato
Anybody tried double amping one of these yet? I've got AKG K712 that I'd want to drive using the GSX 1000 but I was told on this thread it wouldn't work so I'm interested to know if double amping is viable to get the surround sound effect from the GSX without buying new headphones.

Should be fine. Rroff says the output really isn't powerful to constitute double amping when an external amp is connected to the GSX.

Soldato

agree with this. I don't think you'll hear big jump in quality but the surround ****es on creative's

That sounds good enough to me, I'd happily take same quality and better surround. Do I use the GSX instead of my SB-Z then? And can you still adjust base and treble settings?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
That sounds good enough to me, I'd happily take same quality and better surround. Do I use the GSX instead of my SB-Z then? And can you still adjust base and treble settings?

The GSX would replace the SBz completely. You cant tune the base and treble they is 4 presets to choose from, Natural, Esports, Music and Story

Now if you want to adjust base etc for music you would need to use the music players own equalizer.

Back
Top Bottom