Sennheiser gsx 1000 thread?

Soldato
OP
There's really no difference in amount of spatial information between 5.1 and 7.1:
Sound source directly left or right simply has identical signal in both front and rear channel of that side.

Darn Microsoft for killing DirectSound and HW acceleration of sounds.
If sound rendering was still done by sound card only limit for output channels would be how many of them sound card supports.

Am sorry but I have to disagree with you.
On the GSX I can hear the difference between 5.1 and 7.1 playing this demo back is so good.
Am not sure how well it comes across in YouTube because how I had to record the GSX.

Associate
On the GSX I can hear the difference between 5.1 and 7.1 playing this demo back is so good.
Am not sure how well it comes across in YouTube because how I had to record the GSX.

Shankly1985, don't worry about all this :) Have you managed to install PUBG yet to test it? ;)

Soldato

5.1 or 7.1 doesn't make difference if front channel positioning sucks that much.
They're pretty much like in standard speaker stereo, with center channel in center of head.

Soldato
OP
5.1 or 7.1 doesn't make difference if front channel positioning sucks that much.
They're pretty much like in standard speaker stereo, with center channel in center of head.

I can only go from my experience with the GSX, it beats anything I have used before for 5.1 / 7.1 virtual surround sound. In all the demos and games I have tested I can hear a clear difference. Even in games that don't offer native surround sound the GSX does a good job a creating a 7.1 surround sound.

Even my wife when she heard the Dolby demo I posted above and was blown away by it when I told her they only is two speakers in them headphones.

Soldato
OP
Shankly1985, don't worry about all this :) Have you managed to install PUBG yet to test it? ;)

Yes PUBG Audio least surround sound is broken! This never used to be this bad when I played this game. Missing Audio, the sound is very low! And not to mention it repeats the same audio for all speaker channels LOL

BROKEN!

Notice how all the channels have the same audio playing! This is the worst game I have played on PC for surround sound! And what confuses me is it used to sound very good when it was using 4.1 like i posted above.
862902185da126b89bbc8a4b2e67254e4ccd03dc496cc2b7f9bd3f624ef68350bc0f9dab.jpg

Soldato
OP
Ok thankyou! Really appreciate you testing it. No matter whether I choose 7.1 or stereo it actually sounds really low volume.

Yeah it defo sounds low still and even some sounds do not play. for example jumping out the plane.

This now looks better but sadly its not good. The rear sound channels play gun shots even when being shot at from the front lol Its seems PUBG surround sound is very much broken.
38246528cb616364244edca3f2bb1bafbf13351233dc777cf087c1adafe5d67e681026b4.jpg

Associate
Shankly, so i know that 7.1 is busted on this game. How does it sound for you through the GSX1000 with it configured as stereo in Windows?

Soldato
OP
Shankly, so i know that 7.1 is busted on this game. How does it sound for you through the GSX1000 with it configured as stereo in Windows?

Sorry I didn't test and uninstalled the game. I can re-download over the week and test again. Yeah dont use 7.1 on PUBG its broken and not using the surround speakers correctly.

Associate
Sorry I didn't test and uninstalled the game. I can re-download over the week and test again. Yeah dont use 7.1 on PUBG its broken and not using the surround speakers correctly.

Ah bugger ok. I have a rma for it now and was going to send it back tomorrow. Don’t worry thanks for all your help though!

Associate
Welp, I'm returning the GSX again. EA fixed the surround sound in bfv so that the footsteps and rear sounds are much louder, like it was in bf1. SO no reason to keep a 200 dollar device that provides me no benefit for the game I play 99% of the time and when my onboard has way more clarity. The fact the GSX doesn't wake from sleep half the time and the way they hid that firmware updater program on their site which seems to be borked left a bad taste in my mouth as well.

Just tried my onboard with sonic studio and the new bfv sound and wow. Now I remember why I returned it when I played bf1. I think EA felt bad they made me buy this thing after reading the head-fi.org thread and fixed it lmao.

Soldato
OP
Welp, I'm returning the GSX again. EA fixed the surround sound in bfv so that the footsteps and rear sounds are much louder, like it was in bf1. SO no reason to keep a 200 dollar device that provides me no benefit for the game I play 99% of the time and when my onboard has way more clarity. The fact the GSX doesn't wake from sleep half the time and the way they hid that firmware updater program on their site which seems to be borked left a bad taste in my mouth as well.

Just tried my onboard with sonic studio and the new bfv sound and wow. Now I remember why I returned it when I played bf1. I think EA felt bad they made me buy this thing after reading the head-fi.org thread and fixed it lmao.

I just played some rounds and it sounds very good on my GSX. I could hear players all over the place. They was one point on the map I heard a guy behind a tank while the rest of the squad ran past him, while a tank was driving past. I said to my team did you not hear him? They said no! Had I not heard him he would have wiped us out.

What sound preset setting do you have enabled on Battlefield 5 sound settings? Am using Headphones with the surround sound box ticked.

Associate
Nevermind I'm keeping the GSX. It sounds way better then my onboard for surround in bfv. I jumped the gun.

Don't know what I was thinking.

I use surround/speaker setting in bfv.

My onboard is supreme fx 1220A with sonic studio software. the new patch did improve the sound, especially footstep positions. But it also improved it for the GSX as well ! lol.

And it does sound way better then my onboard. Especially rear sounds. Now I have to cancel this return on Amazon lmao...

Soldato
OP
Nevermind I'm keeping the GSX. It sounds way better then my onboard for surround in bfv. I jumped the gun.

Don't know what I was thinking.

I use surround/speaker setting in bfv.

My onboard is supreme fx 1220A with sonic studio software. the new patch did improve the sound, especially footstep positions. But it also improved it for the GSX as well ! lol.

And it does sound way better then my onboard. Especially rear sounds. Now I have to cancel this return on Amazon lmao...

Lol
They must be like this guy again? Haa

Give headphones setting a try and tell me what you think.

Associate
Lol
They must be like this guy again? Haa

Give headphones setting a try and tell me what you think.

Ya Amazon knows me very well. They great, a lot of times they will refund me and just tell me to keep the item or throw it out. A 600 dollar bed. a 200 dollar air purifier. I just got a free 30 dollar plant from them last week. I try to do all my shopping at Amazon if possible. You run the risk of items getting damaged by UPS or the warehouse, and sometimes website descriptions are innacurate. But they are easy to deal with especially as prime member.

Can't really tell the difference? I think the positional sound is better with headphones. But I think speaker option has more clarity less muffled sounding? Not sure which I like better to be honest.

Last edited:
Soldato
A question for those of you who play pubg.

I have been looking at picking one of these up as I've struggled lately to discern where certain sounds are coming from. To what degree can you tweak audio with this to add emphasis to the clarity of those sounds such as someone walking around upstairs. Or a gunfight in a tree line.

Soldato
OP
Just come across this Review of the GSX 1000. Not sure how I missed this I do follow this channel. Excellent Review and says it how it is!

Warning they is some bad language not to much.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom