Sent Item To Wrong Address

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
You signed up on Friday, how is this possible when you only recieved notification of the thread this morning?

bigjohn said:
Please also detail how easily this could be dismissed and the details of counter claims that could be brought - i.e. libel, not just with the info on this site but also with info in e-mails/phonecalls recieved.

Libel? Honestly? :D

Also, lots of spelling mistakes, how old are you and is english your first language?

Soldato
Zom said:
So you are writing on behalf of the guy who was sent the graphics card - fair enough.

Why would you be receiving a letter unless you are the bloke who has the graphics card?

No, he's a collegue of the guy who recieved the card and whatever the situation, it's pretty darn poor that the card was sold so quickly with absolutely no effort to return it to it's rightful owner. Karma, I hope it finds him.

Soldato
I'm sorry but i just cant see why a person who knows about and trades in computer components and also actively uses ebay would sell a x1900xtx at a car boot sale for £60 and give half to his mate :confused: Even if they decide to sell the item, I cant see how they would dare sell it so soon. If there had been a 2month gap before any of this had of errupted and the person had sold the card then would be easier to digest.

Caporegime
Take it to court, if you win you win if you lose at least you know what the **** looks like.

He's trying every trick in the book to get you to drop this, so he can't be too confident.

Love the username as well very nice touch, big john, woooo intimidating. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
As has been said, more than once, UGA 2000 surely won't apply for two reasons;
Firstly the OP is not a trader/business.
Secondly the goods were not deliberately sent to the recipient, I am sure the OP has kept his communications with the intended recipient to help confirm this.
The UGA is in place to prevent traders/businesses from delivering unrequested goods to individuals with the intention of obtaining payment for them.
The key here would be that if you believe that an breach of the UGA has taken place then the proper method of resolving the matter is via trading standards, which would usually mean having to show the the offender is a trader.

Soldato
mame said:
I'm sorry but i just cant see why a person who knows about and trades in computer components and also actively uses ebay would sell a x1900xtx at a car boot sale for £60 and give half to his mate :confused: .

not to mention he beleaves a x1950 is the same as a xtx1900. thay are completely different chip sets and the 1900 is a lot faster than the 1950.

Soldato
I say still go to small claims.

I'd like to see how Mr Green feels sitting in front of a judge explaining why he is entitled to the card.

I feel he is mixing up the law with regards to businesses & individuals.

Reject the £60 offer as it is not valid, get the full cost back. If you have to go to the Small claims and you win he can also be made to pay for the court fees, loss of earnings for attending court, travel costs, etc.

Soldato
Hmm read both, clearly Mr Green knows for a fact he has something he didnt buy, so selling it on was misleading and theft, why sell something you KNOW you do not own ?

Next the seller instantly contacted Mr Green as soon as he was aware of the item being sent to the wrong person, Mr Green 'selling at a car boot sale' I do not buy for one second, RUBBISH, who goes to car boot sales to buy x1800's ? no one. Mr Green still has the card or flogged it ASAP, the moral thing to do is contact the sender, of which for sure his address would have been on the packet, so dont say it wasnt.

Mr Green is in the wrong, if I got sent a random package id not open it and sell it asap, which you have done, please do take to the courts as a judge would just say what iv said, hyper contacted him asap as soon as he knew (therfore not unsolicted goods), Mr Green instantly sold something that he knows he didnt own, had no rights to apparently sell on, end of case closed, Mr Green stop being an idiot, grow a backbone, find some morals and sort out this poor chap, you greedy so and so (edited to not be insulting :mad: ).

If it was me who posted the wrong thing and someone was acting like this a) id think there some sort of 14 year old screaming 'finders keepers' b) you'd be damn sure id get the card back, id give you a tenner to go and post it on, im not an unreasonable guy! But if you'd carried on like this you'd be sure your life would be incredibley stressful with lots of hassle trying to sort the matter out, £120 aint much money to some, to others it is, but ignoreing the money ITS THE PRINCIPLE OF THE MATTER, and Mr Green sir is seriously lacking in morals

Last edited:
Soldato
i agree, a judge will throw this out in minutes. So that leaves the easy way or the hard way. Is obvious both parties are following this thread so come on sort it out. The sender made a mistake, an innocent one and the receiver made a mistake, a greedy one. Just send the card back or the full money back and forget the whole thing. COME ON

Permabanned
I doubt pleading with him is going to change much. I, in my humble view, see it going a couple of ways..

1) Accept the £60.
2) Take it to SCC:
- SCC favours Hyper
- SCC favours Mr Green
3) Plead and get nowhere.

I'd say it's really up to you. You could always take it to the SCC, but there's no judgment set in stone and it could backfire on you. Just gotta ask yourself, is £60 all that much to you?

I'd take it as a learning experience, personally.

Caporegime
Serj said:
You signed up on Friday, how is this possible when you only recieved notification of the thread this morning?

well spotted, proof then that he has been following this thread for a few days now as suspected, probably tipped off by his friend Benjarghmin. ;)

Combat squirrel said:
If it was me who posted the wrong thing and someone was acting like this a) id think there some sort of 14 year old screaming 'finders keepers' b) you'd be damn sure id get the card back, id give you a tenner to go and post it on, im not an unreasonable guy! But if you'd carried on like this you'd be sure your life would be incredibley stressful with lots of hassle trying to sort the matter out, £120 aint much money to some, to others it is, but ignoreing the money ITS THE PRINCIPLE OF THE MATTER, and Mr Green sir is seriously lacking in morals

Well said.

Last edited:
Soldato
bigjohn said:
advised to do with as he wished - also requested a note to be made on the system to be able to refer to RM response if needed.

Really, so Mr Green was thinking straight away he could get away with flogging it, but thought he'd better get some back up in the form of a log on the Royal Mails customer service call system in order to establish a get out clause in the event the actual owner of the card might get in contact and possibly be somewhat irked when he found out it had been sold. Why would someone ask for this called to be logged there and then if they weren't planning on using it as some form of defence, i.e. to back up potentially dodgy action?

Soldato
Very interesting thread and some very knowledgeable people in here..
Personally, after having read the various legislation, I think you should go ahead with legal action.

I also find that post by bigjohn extremely odd.

Soldato
Mr Green is clearly a child who claims his friend "big john" wrote that. :p

Get a grip send the card or the cash or prepare for court. Shame the op cant find this guys parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom