Sent Item To Wrong Address

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Bubo said:
If someone had shown me that post in isloation it would have screamed Nigeria to me tbh

please can you post the card to my unlcle in nigeria, ita a birthday present. Please send it via UPS internationl shipping and send the me the shipping number

Associate
mame said:
please can you post the card to my unlcle in nigeria, ita a birthday present. Please send it via UPS internationl shipping and send the me the shipping number

payment will be made by a cheque for the value of £2880. once you have cashed it please forward the remainder back to my bank account in spain. :)

Soldato
What I find strange about bigjohn's post is that he states:

"With regards a letter – I am yet to receive this as I’m sure if sent recorded delivery the original poster will be aware of?."

...suggesting that it is actually MrGreen who is posting. In the same post, he goes on to say:

"p.s. I have done this of my own back as know the recipient very well - he is not aware I have done this - however if he review this post again he will probably be very upset with me!!"

...suggesting that it is not him. So it seems inconsistent. I think that 'bigjohn' is in fact MrGreen.

What also surprises me is that MrGreen (being so honest and all), managed to receive the parcel on Saturday and sell it on the Sunday, splitting the loot...I mean, the proceeds ;) , between himself and his mate all within 24hrs of getting his hands on it! He seemed in a bit of a rush to get rid of the item. An honest person just wouldn't do something like this. At least wait a week or so.

This MrGreen person sounds like a crook and deserves what he gets. Especially when you consider that Hyper is only 16yrs old.

I strongly feel that Hyper (or rather his father, as Hyper is too young) should take MrGreen to court or demand the full £120 back. MrGreen's actions are wrong on so many levels and perhaps bigjohn should advise him to either send back the card or send back the remaining £60.

I particularly liked the trick MrGreen used when he sent Hyper an email suggesting that he may be contacted through the solicitors' website. On top of that he has given himself a name "BIGJOHN". MrGreen is bluffing big time and strongly believes he will lose if it goes to court. Trust me on this one.

Soldato
Mr Green, you have acted like a complete ponce.

If this goes to court, your character will get torn to shreds as a result of your actions.

I'd really give the £120 back. Court fees will add a fair amount to that. ;)

Deleted member 58846

D

Deleted member 58846

Can I just add, you have the address of where you sent it too? Contact the police, explain the situation and let them do what they need to do. Mention that you contacted him via email.

Bare in mind on ebay you can acctually get the users telephone number by the help menu. Give this so called Matthew a ring.

I would have got the police involved from day 1 of finding out it was sent to the wrong address.

Soldato
zen62619 said:
Can I just add, you have the address of where you sent it too? Contact the police, explain the situation and let them do what they need to do. Mention that you contacted him via email.

Bare in mind on ebay you can acctually get the users telephone number by the help menu. Give this so called Matthew a ring.

I would have got the police involved from day 1 of finding out it was sent to the wrong address.

Its a civil matter right now, being disputed. Its not a criminal matter. What would you expect the Police to do?

Deleted member 58846

D

Deleted member 58846

sunama said:
Its a civil matter right now, being disputed. Its not a criminal matter. What would you expect the Police to do?

because the person who has it won't send it back there for its theft.

Associate
bigjohn said:
With regards a letter – I am yet to receive this as I’m sure if sent recorded delivery the original poster will be aware of?.
Matthew, if the OP sent the letter using Recorded Signed For it can be tracked on the Royal Mail website and the signature can be obtained.

Associate
read the previous posts

Explicit seems like the person with the best understanding of what is going on on this thread. my advice to anyone who wants to post on this thread is to read his posts to ensure you are not stating things which have already been discussed and validated/invalidated. it takes a while to read but is well worth it and very interesting

Legoman, I am merely putting a point across that I am aware of and that is that no letter has been recieved by matthew - as i'm sure the original poster will be aware of by using his tracking number. :confused:

Legoman: comment above this isn't directed at you

Soldato
zen62619 said:
because the person who has it won't send it back there for its theft.

...but this is still under dispute. This case is riddled with misunderstandings and legal wrangling. This is why its in their best interest to arrive at a mutual solution or involve a 3rd party/magistrate/SCC to decide for them. Even then, its not a criminal matter (unless of course Mr Green openly admits he sold the item with the intention of gaining profit, knowing full well that it did not belong to him, but even then a magistrate would need to pass judgement). Remember, the Police are not judge or jury, they simply investigate/report a crime and let the judicial system pass sentence. If the Police have a strong case that it was "theft", then perhaps they could obtain a search warrant and upon finding the item, it will then be confiscated and taken in as evidence until a court hearing. But, for the sake of £60, this is going way over the top.

For the sake of both parties, I think they should not let it get to the stage of court proceedings. Its almost always best to settle out of court. If I were Mr Green, I would at least offer £90, this would place Hyper in a tricky situation.

EDIT: I still cant believe he chose the name of bigjohn. Thats something a 12yr old kid would do. LOL.

Caporegime
Can I ask, should this end up in court and it goes in Hyper's favour, can Mr Woods then be done for theft?

Theft Act 1968 said:
"A person is guilty of theft, if he dishonestly appropriates property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it"

I'm sure that would look great on his CV. :cool:

Permabanned
It honestly shocks me that people are thinking about prosecuting this guy for theft. Don't you think the court has more important things they should be doing than helping out 16-year-olds who accidentally send things to the wrong address? I do :(.

Man of Honour
Benjarghmin said:
It honestly shocks me that people are thinking about prosecuting this guy for theft. Don't you think the court has more important things they should be doing than helping out 16-year-olds who accidentally send things to the wrong address? I do :(.
At least its better than some of the other crap they drag through the courts these days usually using nice amounts of legal aid taken from taxes, but thats another topic altogether :p

Permabanned
blitz2163 said:
At least its better than some of the other crap they drag through the courts these days usually using nice amounts of legal aid taken from taxes, but thats another topic altogether :p

Hah, indeed. But then again, I still don't agree with wasting legal officials' time just because you sent something to the wrong address and couldn't face losing £60, y'know? It's not like you were deprived and it's not your fault, if you get me.

Associate
Benjarghmin said:
It honestly shocks me that someone has such lack of moral fibre, backbone and character that they keep an item a 16-year old has mistakenly sent them :mad:

Soldato
Benjarghmin said:
Hah, indeed. But then again, I still don't agree with wasting legal officials' time just because you sent something to the wrong address and couldn't face losing £60, y'know? It's not like you were deprived and it's not your fault, if you get me.

But he has been deprived and we have laws for a reason, no matter how petty a reason may seem.

Soldato
Benjarghmin said:

Its not a waste of time...Its the law...If he is guilty of theft then he should be prosecuted :dunno: and whether or not he is guilty of theft is up to the police/courts to decide...Its their job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom