Sent Item To Wrong Address

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
naffa said:
I know who my money's on. :rolleyes:
There is one obvious suspect, but apparently we would be 'surprised' by who it was.

Just when you think this thread has it all, we get a 'who done it'. Hope we don't have to wait too long for the reveal. :D

Associate
wedgie said:
There is one obvious suspect, but apparently we would be 'surprised' by who it was.

Just when you think this thread has it all, we get a 'who done it'. Hope we don't have to wait too long for the reveal. :D

Aye, I'm on the edge of my seat. I feel bad for getting so much enjoyment from reading a thread describing unfortunate circumstances for the OP.

Sorry dude (we're all here for you anyhow)!

Soldato
bigjohn said:
in my opinion your always best to wrie it on whatever your sending - stamps and other sticky things have a nasty habit of coming off the mail in machines, they're like massive tumble dryers, i remember way back when i worked at consignia, the biggest complaint at the time was that the new peel of stamps weren't sticky enough and always came of - caused massive upset.... also had a bloke who posted a letter and phoned in to advise that the train had gone the wrong way

Stamps perhaps, but not the big ol stickers they give you for recorded/special..those things stick like superglue..

Soldato
bigjohn said:
in my opinion your always best to wrie it on whatever your sending - stamps and other sticky things have a nasty habit of coming off the mail in machines, they're like massive tumble dryers, i remember way back when i worked at consignia, the biggest complaint at the time was that the new peel of stamps weren't sticky enough and always came of - caused massive upset.... also had a bloke who posted a letter and phoned in to advise that the train had gone the wrong way

Having recently received a special delivery parcel i can tell you now those stickers do not come off easily. In fact, it was similar to one of those annoying types of stickers you get on dvd's/cd's that when you try to peel them off the corner tears off leaving 90%+ of the sticker left on it and the horrible crappy glue you have to scrape off with your nail.

Associate
krisboats said:
Having recently received a special delivery parcel i can tell you now those stickers do not come off easily. In fact, it was similar to one of those annoying types of stickers you get on dvd's/cd's that when you try to peel them off the corner tears off leaving 90%+ of the sticker left on it and the horrible crappy glue you have to scrape off with your nail.

:( I hate those. Along with the ones along the tops of american import cds, which fall to bits and curl up, and NEVER COME OFF!

RM are pretty good with post literature, it's stuck on for dear life pretty much all the time!

Soldato
bigjohn said:
Saturday - recipient collects card and contacts royal mail customer service for stance, advised ‘when an item is delivered to correct recipient they become the legal owner unless there is an invoice stating goods are meant for someone else’ - in this case there was noting in the parcel apart from the original purchase invoice dated 2005 - advised to do with as he wished - also requested a note to be made on the system to be able to refer to RM response if needed.
Helpful Postman said:
The service to use for valuable items is the 'Special Delivery' service. Special delivery gaurantees next day delivery by 1PM latest and is sent through the postal network separately to other post via security vans etc. The items are tracked via their barcode at all points on their journey and a compensation scheme is available if an item is lost.
The loss of a special delivery item is extremely rare and in such cases a full investigation is ALWAYS carried out.
I'd imagine something like that isn't done with a 5 minute phone call.

bigjohn said:
Sunday - sold at car boot for minimum 60 (reasoning for not using Ebay: this was current price on Ebay at the time,
It obviously wasn't the price on ebay at the time if the item was sold on ebay before being mis-sent. In fact if you'd checked the completed listings tickbox you would have probably had the actual auction show up in the list of results.

bigjohn said:
Wednesday - colleague received phone call in work from caller 1
In a call centre? He received a call from the buyer on one of the call lines at "your colleague"'s place of work, and was put straight throguh to him? Having worked in a call-centre myself for a short time i never saw anything like that happen. In fact, having personal calls on the worklines was prohibited entirely, probably due to the reason that in a case like this the company has now been involved in the case and would need to provide recordings and would more than likely be called forwards to testify. Which if the employee was found to have tried to con someone and lost the court case theres also the comapanies reputation to consider, a scenario that would likely see the employee fired.

bigjohn said:
Wednesday evening - strange unspecific threatening mails commence coming through to recipient on Ebay contact seller referencing graphics card
This can't be linked to the seller and should be taken up with ebay about threatening behaviour from other members, though i doubt it'll happen as i havn't seen any links to ebay throughout the thread, in which case the people would have had to find the sellers username, then go back through the previous sales and then send you messages. I've not seen any mention of the sellers ebay username or links to the sale in this thread.

Soldato
bigjohn said:
I believe matt is attempting to sign up as we speak and he will be revealing a few revelations on Wednesday by the sound of it, hes not to happy with me though

You are titilating us. :D

bigjohn said:

Please dont tell us that that will be your argument for not sending the package back. Thats a very weak defence.

Ive received plenty of recorded delivery parcels in my time and have never received one with the sender's address label removed.

Either way this is getting exciting. bigjohn is really hyping up the big surprise for us on Wednesday. The one thing Im pondering though, is why it takes someone 3 full days to register on ocuk forums - does it really take that long these days?

bigjohn said:
It'll make sense on Wednesday. ooh the suspense!!!!

Now you are just teasing us, but I find myself strangly liking it. :D

bigjohn said:
ooh that could be interesting - but that isn't one of the surprises so don't hold your breath :D

Now, you're toying with us. :)

You better not let us down bigjohn, I'm hoping for one heck of a cliffhanger on Wednesday. Can you give us a time when we can tune in?

Associate
this bigjohn sounds pathetic and if he is really representing mr green, he really does have no chance.

good luck hyper and well done explicit

Caporegime
I think some people may have missed the earlier post.

doohickey said:
However:

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2000/20002334.htm

His case is simply:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000
The recipient may, as between himself and the sender, use, deal with or dispose of the goods as if they were an unconditional gift to him.

The rights of the sender to the goods are extinguished.

However, the above is ONLY applicable given the following conditions:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000
(a) unsolicited goods are sent to a person ("the recipient") with a view to his acquiring them;

(b) the recipient has no reasonable cause to believe that they were sent with a view to their being acquired for the purposes of a business; and

(c) the recipient has neither agreed to acquire nor agreed to return them.

Permabanned
Unfortunately, no. I would love to know how holding a different opinion means you're a squealer :rolleyes:

It also doesn't help that I don't know where he lives ;o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom