SETI@home News Vol. 104

Associate
I am sad to report that I've put two of my rigs to accept no new work. Once they clear their 5 day caches, the plan is to turn them off to save the imminent fires that are threatening....

Associate
Time for that Parp. Only 30k seperating us now :D

yes, ill watch you sail on by into the distance.......::(
cant afford a new rig a=right now so enjoy the parp!:rolleyes:

im gonna enjoy the team effort on taking the planets in the nxt few days & teamandtech in some months. probably going to wind it down a little next week.

Soldato
Man of Honour
He was on here briefly a few hours ago, maybe he was at work and just having a quick peep.

I reckon he's another frustrated 480 owner, probably Meridian is in the same boat.

I bet their outputs will sky rocket soon enough :)

Keep up: Meridian mostly has his 480 working now! (Touch wood.) I've also been moving cards around again: even with the cc_config file I couldn't get the 8800GTX to run CUDA when it was combined with the GTX285, so I've moved the two 285's back in SLI on rig #2 and put the 8800GTX on its own in rig #3. That way I should get everything doing CUDA. I'm sure I posted in the "Hot Weather" thread as well, but my post seems have disappeared: I've had to throttle a second machine back: now #2 and #3 are both at 3.9GHz. The slightly slower speed should be more than offset by the chance that it will go for more than twelve hours without crashing.

M

Soldato
Hi M
Glad you have your 480 mostly sorted, mine was all hit and miss and rather than have £400 laying around am about to put it up for sale.
Percentage wise how many of your tasks would you say are being validated if you dont mind my asking?
I really want to keep it but if it's not going to do the job to a reasonable degree its money sat idle....would appreciate your input sah :D

Back
Top Bottom