SETI@home News Vol. 106 (21/05 - 02/06, 2010)

Soldato
Its not that hard/risky as long as you follow simple rules, just like any other PC building process. :)

It might be amazing, if I ever get it finished. :(

Am starting to get what i will need for watercooling bit by bit over the next few months then do it around october time.

Similiar situation here except they think I'm not normal and keep thier distance :D

Just gotta know what that is :eek:.............world domination? :p

World domination no thats reserved for james bond villains, i'll settle for the uk :)

Yeah, I know, he is certainly storming up the rankings, but so is loudob and reaver. Its going to be interesting and that is without toxic and his new goal, I just know he is going to make me go out and buy more kit :eek::D

I wouldn't dream of making you go out and buy new kit, but you never know what you might have missed on MM in last 24 hours or next few days?
You might have to make a small purchase in next few months.....just before i catch you in my headlights ;):)

Soldato
Im slacking
My rig at work looks like it has crashed - cant remote onto it :mad:
Im on training this week, so it might not get going until Mon unless I can get someone to give it a kick..

Soldato
OP
Toxic, to me that doesn't make any sense. It reckons that you don't have a usable version of SETI@home Enhanced, yet the last line in your image above says it's working on a SETI@home Enhanced task :confused:

Look in the SETI folder (...BOINC\Data\projects\setiathome.berkeley.edu) for all the apps, then check the app_info file to make sure all the entries for each app are correct.

Last edited:
Soldato
I know even me and my limited knowledge thought someone at Berkely was having a laugh, checked and double checked same app_info thats ran this machine for 8 days.I take a copy of app-info every day nothings changed....the blighters are out to wind TBag up...well they can just forget a christmas card now!! :D

Soldato
I say chaps...the blasted things working now. Of course it would after a detach and the 6.10 app looks like all systems go for fermi. It downloads the correct dlls and program files.
There's some disagreement as to wether lunatics is worth the hassle so i'm going with 1 or 2 others and not installing it for now. My apologies for having to detach it was the only way but i will more than make it up wot wot!
So i reckon they've been upto something at borkely today and it looks like its working :D

Bit of an added bonus...its not often i am pleased twice in 1 night...if you use the ion 256 beta nvidia drivers with windows 7 you definately don't need dummy plugs. A few people told me you did but i have been restarting since TTime and its not failed yet :D

Soldato
Erm :confused:

Eh.jpg

Back
Top Bottom