SETI@home News Vol. 106 (21/05 - 02/06, 2010)

Man of Honour
Did you get it all up and running Biffa?

Seti on the 480 or the weebeastie rebuild?

Nope to both, seti installed but wasn't getting any wu's so switched to f@h.

The weebeastie rebuild, waiting for parts, ETA end of week.

Managed to get the 470's for £262 each which is close to what I got for the 295's so not much outlay there.

Just need to sell the water blocks for the 295's & the GTX260+block from my main rig and I should be all even stevens money wise.

Soldato
Damn pending is rocketing up with no credit gained from last upload went up 20k :eek:

Edit: That's better dropping now :)

Damn pending indeed...whenever i go to my pending page it never loads so i don'y know whats what..but your doing Well Marine keep it up lad :D

Seti on the 480 or the weebeastie rebuild?

Nope to both, seti installed but wasn't getting any wu's so switched to f@h.

The weebeastie rebuild, waiting for parts, ETA end of week.

Managed to get the 470's for £262 each which is close to what I got for the 295's so not much outlay there.

Just need to sell the water blocks for the 295's & the GTX260+block from my main rig and I should be all even stevens money wise.

Good to know your making progress weebeastie rebuild sounds amazing, not so sure i have the nerve to go water just yet but am trying my damnedest to keep the output up :)

Man of Honour
Good to know your making progress weebeastie rebuild sounds amazing, not so sure i have the nerve to go water just yet but am trying my damnedest to keep the output up :)

Its not that hard/risky as long as you follow simple rules, just like any other PC building process. :)

It might be amazing, if I ever get it finished. :(

Soldato
Grimgoth - Im not sure, as the updates seem borked from yesterdays outage, but you should overtake me whenever the updates do go through :mad:

I have tidied up a bit, but most of my stuff is still boxed up under the cell window and Im going to leave it there for now. Please don't trash it, it really didn't seem worth moving it all out as I suspect that you will be moving to cell 13 by the weekend and I can have my nice comfortable cell back.
One thing to note. if you look out of the cell window as far left as you can, and 2 floors down, you can see a cell that always has the light on during the night - that one belongs to toxic as he wrestles with his machines after trashing his app_info file, so hurl some abuse at him, it will distract him and remind him that there is more to life than editing files in notepad :p

Man of Honour
One thing to note. if you look out of the cell window as far left as you can, and 2 floors down, you can see a cell that always has the light on during the night - that one belongs to toxic as he wrestles with his machines after trashing his app_info file, so hurl some abuse at him, it will distract him and remind him that there is more to life than editing files in notepad :p

Thats the cell where I dump my effluent waste. :D

Soldato

:eek: It's not very often i sing my own praises but all the "wrestling" i'm doing is starting to pay off and i think i've earned a reward. I know i seem manic to you all but thats just the way i am, am the same in real life allways throwing myself into something. Even the neighbours have started stopping me and asking if everythings ok and "whats going on with the lights on all night thing".
Am actually quite a happy person and the sleep pattern is getting under control. Yup theres more to life than editing app_info files but untill i have it perfect i wont stop, for all it's friendly competition i am gearing myself up for my next personal goal.

Thats the cell where I dump my effluent waste. :D

Biffa your welcome to dump your effluent waste in the vacinity, be warned i am a self confessed capitalist and you can bet your bottom dollar there'll be an environmental charge in doing so :D

Associate
Grimgoth - Im not sure, as the updates seem borked from yesterdays outage, but you should overtake me whenever the updates do go through :mad:

I have tidied up a bit, but most of my stuff is still boxed up under the cell window and Im going to leave it there for now. Please don't trash it, it really didn't seem worth moving it all out as I suspect that you will be moving to cell 13 by the weekend and I can have my nice comfortable cell back.

Heh! I've been staring going that can't be right..... come on, update! :p
I bet you you will still be just out of my grasp again....
but you're right, I didn't see that we'd catch up to Alan Woodford- and then its about 25 days till the top 10 for me! wow!
Grandmaster D is going to reach there before me though, oh well. Reaver is still on my tails, but thankfully toxic is still comfortably out of reach for me- he's less than half a year away from you though edge....

Soldato
but thankfully toxic is still comfortably out of reach for me- he's less than half a year away from you though edge....

Yeah, I know, he is certainly storming up the rankings, but so is loudob and reaver. Its going to be interesting and that is without toxic and his new goal, I just know he is going to make me go out and buy more kit :eek::D

Back
Top Bottom