SETI@home News Vol. 117 (17/10/10)

Soldato
Oooo Mr postie has been, now i know i am not the only one that has a new one wheres the rest???

cpartcert1.php

Soldato
Thank you Mr BaBa sah!
Yes it certainly is perking up a bit. I doubt wether i will sustain a high output in the run up to New Year as i'm chopping and changing everything about but should settle down again by the second week in January.
Then theres project "Stomp_Monster" on the dark side :)

Soldato
Getting semi regular units for SETI now. Is there a way to tell BOINC to run SETI all the time unless it has no WUs available in which case run other projects instead? IE I want to preferentially run SETI, I can suspend other projects but if SETI runs out of units my machine is left idle. Also is there a way to make BOINC download a few days worth of tasks? My gpu goes through 10 in under 2 hours and then sometimes can't download any more for a while. Would also be useful for the tuesday-thursday downtime if they are still doing that.

In the Iplayer vid I posted a few posts up they interview Frank Drake and visit the telescopes providing the astropulse data that some of our machines are working on.

Associate
IIRC you can set a projects resource share to 0% and they will only run when there's no other work. I haven't tried this though so good luck, if the function is up to the usual boinc standard it won't work at all:p

The option to increase your cache size is in the same place, i.e your computing preferences on the project website.

Something to look out for when changing your preferences is that a local copy of preferences can also be held and it can over-ride the preferences set on the web site. It is possible to accidently set this just by looking at your settings:eek: Look for a message about using local preferences near the top of the client log file.

Soldato
Thanks for that, managed to change the resource share. I've also told it to 'Maintain enough work for an additional 10 days' but it doesn't seem to be downloading any extra WUs after updating compared to normal. (The new resource share shows in BOINC though). There is plenty of free disk space available to it also.

Soldato
Have been helping in the folding /bully Biffa effort and while i'm glad i still have a high seti output thats down to 3 of my neighbours...What you want for christmas TBag? simple i said crunch for me for a few days :)

Soldato
Yeah tell me about it, was in full fledged panic mode when i realised the folding event was 2 weeks not one.
Am off to Scotland at 5am in the morning so i wish yee a Merry Christmas Mr Marine and providing N and S korea don't let in the New Year with their own brand of fireworks have a crackalacking New Year :)

Back
Top Bottom