SETI@Home News Vol. 126 16th - 22nd April 2011

Associate
I gotta get it working first - for some reason nvidia drivers don't recognise it (in PCI-e slot 3 of 4).

Gonna try re-install with latest driver (below 270.61) - then if still not working try a different slot.

Fingers crossed it's not the MB at fault - as I've never had more than two cards in at once - I've never had this problem :(

Associate
I really wish I hadn't opened my case - ignorance is bliss (if not always a good thing).....

Looks like I'm gonna have to upgrade the tubing for my wc loop - tubing is starting to collapse (radiator to resevoir section).

:(

Associate
Thanks for the offer - but afraid it's too big for my current fittings.

I knew I was going to have to replace the tubing & fittings - so it's not to much of a shock. 8/10mm is just not up to what I'm using it for.

Plus, I'm going to go for red tubing on the cpu loop to keep in line with the current colour scheme.

I did try to take some pic's - but the UV lights really screw it up :(

EDIT:
Oh, nearly forgot.....

T'was a driver issue - new card didn't like 266.58 driver so had to upgrade to 266.66 at which point my old card (for display purposes only) didn't like the new drivers - so - out with the old and in with the new.

All is good again :D

Teaser: GPU Core clock currently running @ 1050 MHz (temp: 65c)

Last edited:
Associate
Hi guys,

How do I get involved in the OcUK group for the SETI@Home project?

[edit: have joined on the SETI site, would like to get involved with your league table here]

Cheers

Last edited:
Associate
It's been a while since I've been on seti - I'm sure someone will be along shortly who can advise (properly).

However, looking at your sig........

Nvidia GPU's are better suited to seti using the Lunatics Application - unfortunatly you have ATI.

CPU's don't give a great turnover - but again you would be better off with the Lunatics Application.

Post #1 of this thread will give you the link to the Lunatics Website - but for ease:

http://lunatics.kwsn.net/index.php?module=Downloads;catd=9

As you won't be using the GPU side of thing - changing xml files won't be required.

After installation of the Lunatics App you will need to restart Boinc.

Once done, check your Boinc settings to ensure full utilisation of the CPU - you may also want to check your seti settings (seti account info website- computing preferences) to also ensure fulll CPU utilisation.

I think that covers it.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah lol
Non of these damn switches are working but with me trusty flathead it booted fine 1st time all hardware detected correctly. Am going to have afield day in the bios, its got a setting for powering on via keyboard and password wonder if that will get me off the hook with these darn switches.
Either way seems fairly smooth ....lets see how the night progress' muhhhaahhhaaaaaaaaaa.

Hey TBag - did you ever get the switches sorted?

On a side note - I had issues with my Fractal Design R2 Case:
Every now and again it would shutdown and it would take between 15-30mins to power up again. I always thought it was a MB or PSU issue - overheating or something. But yesterday I put my daughters rig in it. Everything in it was different from when I had the shutdown issues - MB, GPU's, RAM, PSU etc etc - and the shutdown issues still persisted.

Thus I can only conclude it was an issue with the case - I/O Panel (on/off switch pcb).

I sent Fractal Design an email last night asking how much a replacement would cost. I only purchased it in August from OcUK - but don't wish to do an RMA on it for something so small (I/O pcb) as I would have to return the whole case.

Anyways, Fractal got back to me today - asking for my address - so they can send a replacement 'free of charge'.

Happy Days :D

Soldato
OP
Evening Mr Loudbob sah, sorry i missed the message.

Yes i posted the switches a while ago no sweatif they have not turned up by say the weekend i will bang a claim in with royal fail.

Win x 2 you nailed the problem and your getting a replacement free of charge thats got to feel good :)

Was just having a mooch about in folding and noticed how people tend to name there rigs, maybe i .... oh dear bad idea :D:D

Back
Top Bottom