Settle This Debate

Man of Honour
So what is a backslash and what is a forward slash?
Yes I do know but it seems my IT department don't.

Type ad backslash and your username then put your password in
Done that not working
You did do the ad backslash?
Yes
You used the one by the question mark?
No that's the forward slash
That's the backslash
I think you'll find that's the forward slash by the question mark
(muttering in the background then new IT man)
You need to type ad backslash the one by the question mark
No the backslash is next to Z

and so on .........

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
Go find these idiots. Ask them to lean back and then slap them in the face when their face comes close enough...

This isn't a debate. They are wrong.

Soldato
The right answer has been stated multiple times. What bothers me is that if I were in the IT department I wouldn't describe the character by its location on the keyboard. A backslash on a macbook inbuilt keyboard is in a very different place to that on a bog standard Windows desktop keyboard for example.

Man of Honour
Sounds about the calibre of NHS IT to me.

You are of course correct - anyone who's worked in IT, or had an interesting in computers, over the last 30 years or so knows it's "sea colon backslash" (C:\).

Not sure where these nutters have come from, who get them arse-about-face
They're probably non-binary :p

ooooh :D

Soldato
The right answer has been stated multiple times. What bothers me is that if I were in the IT department I wouldn't describe the character by its location on the keyboard. A backslash on a macbook inbuilt keyboard is in a very different place to that on a bog standard Windows desktop keyboard for example.
Yeah, but nobody in their right mind, would be using a Macbook for anything other than colouring in :p

Soldato
type username@ad.... :)
debated ended

Don't get to me about helpdesk.. I spend most of my days trying to educate them to do their job correctly.

I called the penisons number to ask a question, the girl just re-read the text that I've just read out loud...
me:... ermm that's not the question, the question is.... (thinking why would I call if I already read the answer)
girl: Oh, the only infomation we have is this page (the same one that I read)... you need to send an email

Got the email back today and the guy as re-arranged the words of my opening statement describing the scenerio as the answer.

That was just one of my interactions with three different helpdesk..

Man of Honour
OP

NHS, we all have PCs, I've never seen a Mac at our hospital.

type username@ad.... :)
debated ended

Best of it I didn't need the ad backslash, it worked without it but wouldn't work with it :)

Back
Top Bottom