1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by BGGLP, Sep 10, 2018.

1. V F

Capodecina

How is the thumbstick sensitivity on the Xbox? Do you have it maxed or finding it too slow... Lots of dead spots that is slow and overshoots...

2. Scort

Mobster

They seem to be getting desperate to sell this game - there's a trial on PS4 at the moment, though the unlock is still £55, so maybe not that desperate :D

Gave it a quick shot and although it looks amazing, the joystick dead zones are HUUUGE! That really put me off of buying the game, and I'm amazed that there doesn't appear to be a fix/patch for it; from my limited Google search.

Oh well, maybe in the new year they'll fix it, and I'll pick up a copy.

3. V F

Capodecina

Doubt they'll fix it. I think it's intentional to make it harder rather than making harder AI.

4. Scort

Mobster

Aww man, that's a shame if correct - I really have enjoyed the recent TR games, they trigger some great memories of the original PS TR games; but this dead zone is a killer.

5. Badfish

Gangster

I got this with an Xbox1X on Black Friday, and so far am enjoying this game more than RDR2 which surprised me... The puzzles and tombs are fun and with 4K and HDR this really looks great!

6. V F

Capodecina

Yeah, it really cheeses me off. Definitive has very accurate responsive stick controls. I'm just beyond the half way point on the sensitivity. It seemed to start with Rise. I have Rise and Shadow maxed out on the sensitivity.

7. Scort

Mobster

Found it for £25 new, I'm really tempted at that price - but will have to live in hope of a patch I guess.

8. Mark1989

Capodecina

Am still wanting this myself but waiting for there usual re-release of it with the extras, after all happened with the previous two

9. hyperseven

Soldato

Just started playing this on the X and my god is the Atmos implementation excellent. The drops of water you can hear above your head in the caves is so immersive. I suppose it suits this game to a tee due to the nature of is environments.

Glad now I got the Xbox version offer the other platforms.

10. Jae-So

Mobster

On GamePass now, started playing and it's decent.

11. McBain

Capodecina

Is it the full game on game pass?

I ask because the description in the store makes it sound like a trial.

12. V F

Capodecina

This has probably been said before but who were the geniuses that requested the flash light to be blindingly bright? All you see is this insanely white glare compared to past patches.

13. beachBOYken

Sgarrista

Full game, not sure if you get the dlc stuff free with game pass though?

14. McBain

Capodecina

Cheers I was going to buy this but what with the £2 for 2 months Game Pass offer at the moment ill just play it that way, with Crackdown 3 out soon its a no brainer!

15. beachBOYken

Sgarrista

I was about to buy it a few months ago when in sale, pleased I didn't now.

Got a few games to complete and then Im going to get that game pass offer myself and maybe extend it at a later date as I think the Game Pass is getting some good stuff on there of late.

16. Scort

Mobster

Really enjoying this actually, glad I picked u pa copy - not sure if it's had a patch since the trial on PSN; but it certainly has better controls than that version!

Got it on the setting with zero hints, which (tbh) doesn't actually make the game hard - paths through the environment and puzzles are quite logical. But it feels very Tomb Raider (as in the origin PS ones) to be, so happy :) You even have skins that look like Lara from older games.

17. BuffetSlayer

Mobster

I finished this a while ago. Preferred rise personally, but shadow is OK.

Seen a few comments on dead zones. Not sure I can remember having any control issues. Combat sometimes punished you if you made the wrong choices though. Havingsaid that, sometimes the AI was terrible.

Oh look, theres a pile of 4 dead bodies by a wall with a bush on it - I should go and check it out.........rinse repeat.