Shadow Warrior 2

Soldato
Got the SeetFx working... I had to download the files on the mega link, but after a bit of Googling I discovered I had to rename "dxgi.dll" to "d3d11.dll" else I got an error.

Anyway, much better with the preset - here's a before and after (it looks subtle in the screenshots, but it's very noticeable when toggled on/off in-game).

RInJ96bh.jpg

cq5sKODh.jpg
Looks much better though I wonder if you wont be crushing the blacks a bit in darker or more shadowy scenes.

And kudos for not destroying the color balance like so many seem so eager to do when they install SweetFX to a game......

Soldato
@ Mark A : I've played approx 9 hours so far and are nowhere near the end, I have side missions to do and the rest of the campaign.

================

Patch is up

Hey guys - we have issued a patch for the issues you are reporting!

How to check current version?
Press ctrl ~ to open the console
Enter: _version and press enter

Shadow Warrior 2 Patch Notes:

Shadow Warrior 2 ver. 1.1.1.0

- Fixed cutscene FOV, when playing with non standard FOV
- Fixed game stuck on loading on 2 core CPUs
- Added safe mode (add -safe to properties->general->set launch options) in order to fix startup crashes on some configurations
- Added option to disable AlienFX (add -noalienware to properties->general->set launch options) in order to fix startup crashes on some configurations
- Added option to disable videos (add -novideos to properties->general->set launch options) in order to fix startup crashes on some configurations
- Fixed PAX MP avatar skin
- Fixed weapon select menu blur constantly rendering on screen, even when weapon select menu is hidden
- Added HDR Display Brightness slider
- Fixed co-op bug, which in rare cases could corrupt saves
- Added lobby filtering by difficulty and player level
- Added list of previous saves, so in case of corrupted save you can load previous one
- Localization fixes
- Fixed hitching of intro movie
- UI improvements: Allow replace gem inserted in weapon
- Fixed AlienFX crash on startup on some configurations
- Fixed corrupted saves bug

Associate
Absolutely loving this game, my first play through was with a melee heavy build on hard and very near the end now. The build/weapon options are simply insane and will provide huge replay-ability as well as having coop and NG+.

After getting some nice upgrades just using a sword I can stealth into a room and annihilate everything in a few well timed special attacks. Even the mega boss fights are downed with a sword.

Next run through I must checkout the gun side more.

Soldato
I play mostly with the guns I've got a charging shotgun, and use pistol and the bow and grenade launchers, it really is great almost too much with the weapons and customisation.

They could turn this into a first person diablo, they wouldn't beat blizzard but they would be a good alternative.

Associate
Absolutely loving this game, my first play through was with a melee heavy build on hard and very near the end now. The build/weapon options are simply insane and will provide huge replay-ability as well as having coop and NG+.

After getting some nice upgrades just using a sword I can stealth into a room and annihilate everything in a few well timed special attacks. Even the mega boss fights are downed with a sword.

Next run through I must checkout the gun side more.

Unfortunately there is no NG+ only NG. The + does not do anything like increasing difficulty or challenge,

Soldato
Such a nice vegetation rendering:

324800_20161016101931bha1f.png

324800_20161016102541pqbxr.png

And some cyberpunk action:

324800_20161016105156mhbo5.png

324800_20161016105320wplor.png

Soldato
OP
Agree Paul, I think it looks great and the contrast between the countryside and city is brilliant. Found the first and only bug so far that was a hole in the map, I fell straight through it.

4L3rbf4.jpg.png

Associate
Interesting tip I found, the drop level on items/gems and chance seems to depend on the difficuilty as well as the level. So if you can go play on insane dificuilty 4 player, eg I'm getting 108 level orange gems which give insane buffs.

Soldato
OP
Just finished the single player after 22 hours at lvl34 and didn't do every side mission, well worth the purchase price just for the single player imo and I haven't touched MP yet.

Also...
The weapon you get from the last mission aint to bad at all!

Soldato
Just finished the single player after 22 hours at lvl34 and didn't do every side mission, well worth the purchase price just for the single player imo and I haven't touched MP yet.

Also...
The weapon you get from the last mission aint to bad at all!

It's easily one of the best games I've played since Alien Isolation. Currently 12 hours in 38% progress but I am doing every side mission and also haven't done any MP.

Soldato
OP
It's easily one of the best games I've played since Alien Isolation. Currently 12 hours in 38% progress but I am doing every side mission and also haven't done any MP.

Yeah I'm going to start again and this time do every side quest on insane instead of hard. The beast below helped me out quite a lot on some of the bigger enemies and bosses.

Sn9tABO.jpg.png

Soldato
I only have about 7 hours played and I got notification that starting next mission is point of no return ? Does this mean I am nearing the end or am I misunderstanding something here ?

Soldato
OP
I only have about 7 hours played and I got notification that starting next mission is point of no return ? Does this mean I am nearing the end or am I misunderstanding something here ?

No it just means that any of the side quests that are outstanding won't be able to be completed, the reason is that even though they are side missions they are still tied directly into the main story. I'd advise doing them as you'll get some decent drops from some of the bosses on the levels.

Soldato
No it just means that any of the side quests that are outstanding won't be able to be completed, the reason is that even though they are side missions they are still tied directly into the main story. I'd advise doing them as you'll get some decent drops from some of the bosses on the levels.

Ok I already did all them. So how far am I from the end ?

Back
Top Bottom