sheffield or leeds?

Associate
im looking to move to either sheffield or leeds. I need a fresh start and i've decided its either one of the 2. I cant decide which one to move to though. Ive looked at house prices, things to do and i just can't decide. The only thing making me worry is the crime in leeds with recent raids, a woman getting followed during the day! Im moving by myself and just a bit nervous. If theres any advise as to which city I should move to please do let me know!

I'm afraid I cannot comment on Sheffield. I have visited Leeds a few times and as someone who is a "Southerner" and I came away thinking that Leeds is a nice place and I would happily live! Sadly crime is understandably a factor. When compared to other cities, I have not researched in detail but compared to other cities in the UK; I would imagine below national levels (I hope).

As an aside, I spent most of my childhood living on the outskirts of York and would have no qualms relocating back up north, the prices in the south east are bordering on silly.

i suppose it depemds on your budget and what sort of area you could live in ,they both have some really nice countryside near ,i used to get to temple newsam a fair bit and adel area
but its infinetly better down here

Sheffield is an awesome city full of awesome people and will be where I eventually move back to if I cannot get out of the UK. I love how everything is quite close together too, whereas Leeds is absolutely massive and requires taxis.
I dont mind that its massive. I have always been a city person and I like travelling as weird as that sounds. I do like sheffield I have been there a few times, i went to leeds recently and I liked it but im just so unsure on everything

Because London is awful.

To work in I agree, the amount of rude cretins I encounter on a daily basis would affirm this view.

Then again, I doubt myself, usually when I walk past sites such as The Tower of London, House of Parliament - I have to pinch myself - When you catch at the right moment, just breathtaking.

:D Only joking. If your looking for a fresh start in a good city my choice would be Manchester. It’s such a diverse vibrant place with bags of character and a great night life

its more expensive though. plus i love the yorkshire accent. im not about nightlife, i hardly ever go out due to my job.

Back
Top Bottom