** SHIELD TABLET RECALL!!!!!! **

OcUK Staff
Today I've emailed all customers that have ordered a SHIELD through us. Customers come first, and they all need to be aware of the situation.

Associate
yeah. nvidia are just protecting themselves. not yours.

it goes like this:
is the product faulty? -> yes

is the cost of a recall more than litigation -> no *sticks their middle finger at consumers*

if litigation costs more than recall -> recall *acts like a knight in shining armour*

Thanks, you saying that makes me want to watch fightclub ha

Seriously though. Glad they've not just ignored the problem and kudos to OCUK for emailing their customers about it even though they have no obligation to do so.

Soldato
The hell does that mean? :(

If there's a way of saving the old shield tablet from being rendered useless I'd love to know how... Tips?

depends on how they "kill it", sort out your trust & ill let you know if i can get it working.

if nvidia do it right Rooting it will do nothing. As it should Wipe itself including the bootloader, we shall see...

Associate
depends on how they "kill it", sort out your trust & ill let you know if i can get it working...

Sorry mate, your being far to cryptic for me today and I've no idea what that means lol! :D

Are you thinking a rooted tablet (snigger) should bypass any remote kill off?

Last edited:
Associate
Think Nvidia should be commended here tbh.

A company makes something that is defective and could end up bursting into fire and potentially burn houses or people alive and you want too commend them? I can understand fanboys too a degree but a favoured companydoing a recall too avoid the chances of the products they make potentially causing tremendous damage and the lawsuits that follow being commended is hilarious too me.

Associate
A company makes something that is defective and could end up bursting into fire and potentially burn houses or people alive and you want too commend them? I can understand fanboys too a degree but a favoured companydoing a recall too avoid the chances of the products they make potentially causing tremendous damage and the lawsuits that follow being commended is hilarious too me.

We're commending their approach to resolving the issue... Nothing wrong with that IMO...

Back
Top Bottom