Ships under attack in the middle east

Caporegime
Man of Honour
They have a significant amount of similarities. The Arab Spring*...?

*made in the usa

But not in the sense of how I was talking - Egypt hasn't had a flood of foreign fighters, Libya has mostly been a breakdown between tribal/faction lines, etc. and less of the extremist Islamist elements seen in Syria.

In a general sense it has been exploiting division but you can say that about Brexit as well.

Caporegime
On another note but related to earlier in the thread - maybe our military does know what it is doing after all :p

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-49670332

Albeit frigates but more towards corvette class specs wise and more efficient use of our resources and man power.

The OPVs are basically corvettes, that’s a budget frigate, it’s not really news that the Navy was getting them but rather who has won the bid.

Man of Honour
The OPVs are basically corvettes, that’s a budget frigate, it’s not really news that the Navy was getting them but rather who has won the bid.

For awhile seemed like they were effectively cancelled. We've been lacking something for awhile though that sat between the Type 23 and OPVs.

Caporegime
For awhile seemed like they were effectively cancelled. We've been lacking something for awhile though that sat between the Type 23 and OPVs.

When was that? I think you've got the wrong end of the stick completely here, they were already planned back when you were commenting about corvettes earlier in the thread, the news today was simply the choice of manufacturer, they've not been cancelled AFAIK.

Man of Honour
When was that? I think you've got the wrong end of the stick completely here, they were already planned back when you were commenting about corvettes earlier in the thread, the news today was simply the choice of manufacturer, they've not been cancelled AFAIK.

Well over the last 2-3 years the process has stalled numerous times it seemed like it was never actually going ahead - I didn't realise to be fair the tendering process had restarted after the last time they pulled the plug on it.

Back
Top Bottom