Shogun

Soldato
Just finished the audiobook having read the actual book several times. It my absolute favourite piece of literature I've found in 30 odd years. I'm quite excited to watch Shogun, does anyone know what channel it's on?

I also imagine it not going to be covered in one season so fully expect it to get canned after it's first one.

Associate
Just finished the audiobook having read the actual book several times. It my absolute favourite piece of literature I've found in 30 odd years. I'm quite excited to watch Shogun, does anyone know what channel it's on?

I also imagine it not going to be covered in one season so fully expect it to get canned after it's first one.

Its on Disney in the Uk. Feb 27th.

Soldato
Does anyone know what the broadcast quality will be? Looking on Disney, it just shows HD at the minute, hopefully that's just for the trailer, and the series is in 4k?

Really looking forward to it, I can semi remember watching the original as a youngster.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Enjoyed the first episode last night. Will watch the 2nd tonight. Good start though.

Don't think I want a bath for a while

That was horrible, I didn't understand why they didn't get it over and done with rather than be so cruel.

Soldato
That was horrible, I didn't understand why they didn't get it over and done with rather than be so cruel.
I went from thinking "Hey, this guy is reasonable. He's giving this alleged pirate a chance to freshen up. That's mighty decent of him... Wait, what's he doing to that other guy!?"

• Haha
Reactions: Kyo
Commissario
Kasigi Yabu is a git. He's fascinated with death and with the moment of death itself, he hoped that he'd have some reaction at the moment the sailor died in the pot.

I enjoyed the first episode but even knowing the plot, I found it quite hard going because there's a lot happening and it's pretty much non stop. I think they've done a good job with both the casting and the production so far.

I couldn't watch the second episode straight after the first, I was exhausted.

Back
Top Bottom