Shogun

Soldato
The acting and writing quality are supremely high through-out, just the smallest of twitches and movements convey so much emotion whilst the characters all do "believable" things with the knowledge they have. Its such a refreshing change to the usual "written for and acted by infantilised adults" that we're subjected to nowadays, it's grown-up TV that you have to actively watch rather than something on in the background whilst you scroll TikTok or chat to the person next to you etc.

Soldato
Monarch was the first I’d seen of Anna Sawai and I thought she was awful in that. She is absolutely superb in this show though and her chemistry with budget Tom Hardy is so good to watch.

Hai hai!

Edit: Forgot to add - Fuji during the tea drinking scene had me PMSL.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well unless you understand Japanese you're forced to actively watch it.

The important bit of my comment :)

it's grown-up TV that you have to actively watch rather than something on in the background whilst you scroll TikTok or chat to the person next to you etc.

Ep7 - I'm really starting to appreciate the depth of acting by Shinnosuke Abe who plays Mariko's Husband shown in this episode, who usually manages to look virtually impassive most of the time but eventually allows a few like cracks to appear, really good work.

Back
Top Bottom