Should a 97 year old man be driving on a public road?

Associate
I do wonder if the Police will be as keen to check if his eyesight still meets DVLA's licencing requirements as they would be if this had happened to a 97-year-old Pleb?

Found this on a different forum earlier... :D

:D

Quality. Shame they missed the fact he is reputed to have crept into Her Maj's bedroom and pronged her...

Soldato
if he has sufficient physical and mental faculties to operate a car safely then his age shouldn't matter.

that goes for people of any age, you can be an incompetent driver at any stage in life.

Permabanned
I was surprised by the number of 100 plus age drivers still licensed for their car to be on the roads in the UK, (506) and apparently there's one chap of 111 years young and a lady of 107. There are also a considerable number of 100 year old motorcyclists still licensed too

Permabanned
"S Plates", for senile? "D Plates" for doddery? We got rid of the Diplomatic Corp "CD" plates, perhaps resurrect them as "Coffin Dodger" plates? :)

There's a very elderly gentleman that goes in one of the pubs in Whitchurch and I got chatting with him on a few occasions. He used to keep going outside for a few minutes, I wrongly assumed for a smoke. Seems, when I went out for one myself and he wasn't there, that he liked to go and check on his car. "Worried about vandals?" I asked. "No", he replied, "if I don't keep reminding myself where I have parked it after a couple of pints I can spend ages looking for it". Having no answer to that I just laughed :)

Caporegime
I do wonder if the Police will be as keen to check if his eyesight still meets DVLA's licencing requirements as they would be if this had happened to a 97-year-old Pleb?

They will probably eye test the people he crashed into or blame a dog in the road or something, nothing says hero like putting your own life on the line to save killing a dog. Marketing 101.

Soldato
Hard to believe they don't have dashcam's in HRH's car, also the policeman next to him should be a reliable witness
... so will the police acknowledge analysis of that

... can you post it on utube HRH ?

Back
Top Bottom