• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Should i swap my GTX1080 for a Vega 64?

Associate
Well I've just got rid of my Vega I was disappointed with it the games I played were dreadful

Pes 2018 drivers caused bsod
Injustice 2 bad stuttering
Doom as bad as injustice 2

I've gone back to a nvidia card

Soldato
From what I understand the vega 64 is slightly more powerful.

Adaptive Sync doesn’t really blow my mind, but if you can switch without it costing you much / anything I would probably do so.

Soldato
Well I've just got rid of my Vega I was disappointed with it the games I played were dreadful

Pes 2018 drivers caused bsod
Injustice 2 bad stuttering
Doom as bad as injustice 2

I've gone back to a nvidia card

Sounds more like your PC is ******, especially if your getting BSOD crashes. Doom runs a lot better on AMD cards than it does on Nvidia, especially with Vulkan.

Soldato
Is it worth to swap to take advantage of Freesync?
Yes, it's one of those night and day things, and if you can effectively get it for free by selling your GTX1080 and buying a used V64 then that's a massive win.

Sounds more like your PC is ******.
My guess would be he never uninstalled his Nvidia drivers before installing the AMD ones, or installed the ones on the CD that came with the card, or both.

Associate
Yes, it's one of those night and day things, and if you can effectively get it for free by selling your GTX1080 and buying a used V64 then that's a massive win.

My guess would be he never uninstalled his Nvidia drivers before installing the AMD ones, or installed the ones on the CD that came with the card, or both.

Actually did using ddu and I did the same before I installed the new nvidia card

Soldato
Spec has nothing to do with the possibility of something being badly wrong.
Indeed, if you replace one card with an equally performing card and performance improves that's a massive red flag that something was badly wrong xD

So why do the games play fine when a nvidia card is installed but when the Vega card was in they played liked ****
Either:
(A) The card was faulty.
(B) PEBKAC

Ree

Ree

Associate
i done this and never regretted it, was a great decision. gameplay is so much smoother with freesync.

Back
Top Bottom