Should I switch to a laptop?

Soldato
I see there's an issue with Halo Infinite and HDR at the moment. But its not unique to laptops

This wasn't unique to laptops. This was a time when AMD would release drivers on a Friday then release fixed ones a week latter and so on. But dell would wait for stable drivers before taking them and making the dell compatible drivers from them. But this could be a month after the games was released.

By this time there had been game updates and fixes, and new drivers to match the games patches. Meaning the new driver you just got that are about 6 weeks old and now out of date.

Soldato
I hear you.

I just think its not a good reason to dismiss a laptop as an option. Its not like you'd swap GPU's in a Desktop every 6 weeks, to get around driver issues. Though of course at least you have option with a desktop that you don't with a laptop.

Though I've always had a number of machines, laptops and desktops available to me. So a machine not working for a while, or not working with one specific app or a game isn't all that much of an issue for me. Perhaps if you were a diehard gamer and only one machine it would be.

Soldato
after looking for a new GPU for my son lol... the going prices of just a GPU is almost the same price as a gaming laptop.
RTX 3060 is £550.. you can get a i7 laptop with a 3060 for £900.

how much would you be looking to lose on a used laptop say in 12 to 24 months time?
With a keyboard/mouse and monitor can you still get that desktop feel?

what the price is a 3060 pre built pc, with keyboard/mouse and a monitor?

Back
Top Bottom