Should women's sports have separate websites on BBC Sport, Sky News, etc.?

Caporegime
Just wondering whether people think women's sports should be moved onto separate dedicated websites, rather than intermingled with men's sports articles?

This will allow all those people eager to find articles about women's sports to find them very easily, rather than having to sift through a load of male sports articles.

Caporegime
OP
Why separate them?

I feel like this would be counterproductive to promoting female sports and make them less visible.

Also where are you going for sports news that has enough articles on women’s sport to warrant a thread like this?
Wouldn't it be easier to promote women's sports, as they wouldn't be hidden within lots of articles on men's sports?

Regards where am I going for sports news, the places in the title. Not having enough articles on women's sports is exactly part of the point! These places don't have enough articles but where they do have them, they're very hard to pick out from men's sports.

Stick them all on a separate dedicated website or section and the problem is solved.

Caporegime
OP
I particularly enjoy how you spun this as being in the interest of those who want to read about sport played by women, as opposed to you not wanting to see women's sport.

How presumptuous of you. :D

I think it's good to have it mixed in but it does verge on clickbait when the BBC posts an article along the lines of "Man City break world transfer record" and you click on it to discover it's for their women's team.

Lol, this.

Caporegime
OP
God BBC Sport is getting worse for this. There are more articles about bleating feminists now than actual sport.

The second biggest sports story at the moment is apparently about the brain injury of a female hockey player.

The 3rd is the history of women's sports.

The editor is clearly vying for some kind of equality in sports journalism award.

Caporegime
OP
Front page of BBC Sport is plastered with the Women's Football World Cup at the moment :(.

Here's a good one showing a suitable number of empty seats ;) along with three other articles that almost nobody cares about but that we're all forced to pretend we do.

B5EYxBQ.png

Completely agree.

Show me a mainstream website that has so much women's sports coverage that you would even consider separating them. Usually mainstream websites have a separate tab for women's sports. Those that are interested know where to go, and those that aren't don't have to bother. Simple as...
Non sequitur much? ;)

Caporegime
OP
Lol at all the attempted hype around the women's Euro 2022 tournament. Even their 'wow' goals involve them falling over like a toddler learning to walk.

I know this will appear as misogynistic but there seriously needs to be separate sections; my eyes now have to work out which articles are worth reading / not. The BBC sport front page is bordering on clickbait sometimes when they deliberately obfuscate the gender of the sport in the article to make you click it before you find out.

Caporegime
OP
We get it, you don't like women's sport, but I'm not sure it needs you to necro your own thread everytime there's something you don't like on the BBC Sport website.
Not a lot of the posting on this forum is anything to do with need.

To be clear it's nothing to do with the fact that it's women, it's because it's poor quality. Women's sport promotes the opposite of equality because superior ability gets less airtime since it's based on who has a fanny rather than skill.

Caporegime
OP
It is utter dross. Hell even women don't show up to support and further women's sport. They'd rather watch Strictly and I'm a Celebrity.

So with a lack of women supporting their own, it falls to men to feign interest (on pain of death it sometimes seems) and cross subsidise an inferior product.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom