*** Show Off Your Apple Hardware ***

Soldato
I guess the mouse comes down to personal preference. I find it pretty comfy whilst others complain about its shape. It seems to have a pretty great battery life and neither of these will be travelling anywhere.

They both appear to have excellent build quality too. I picked up the keyboard from a seller on eBay and saved a decent amount. Seems to be a lot of Apple gear going at the moment, but they are holding their price well.

Commissario
from a seller on eBay
Was it new? Would you mind sharing the details please? OcUK don't sell Apple keyboards so it's perfectly OK to do so. I don't mind buying from eBay if I'm confident I'm going to get the real deal and there's nothing better than someone who has already bought from a particular seller.

Unless of course it was a one off but I'm hoping that perhaps it was a company with more than one :)

Soldato

Unfortunately, it was just a one-off seller. It was £100 with postage included (for reference) and has definitely had very little use prior to my purchase. Came complete with everything in the box (cable appears untouched) and even the plastic wrap! Apparently not required as they aren't returning to their office any time soon so decided to get rid! There are a number of others out there at around that price in similar condition and likely on sale for similar reasons. :)

Commissario
I will be selling my keyboard and mouse soon on MM. Keep your eyes open.
I wish you'd posted that a few hours ago. My wife gets discount through her employer and so after I thought about it, I ordered a keyboard and trackpad this afternoon and they're due tomorrow. My old ones will also go on MM.

Commissario
They arrived yesterday.

.... and they're going back. They're lovely to look at but the keyboard is an utter grease magnet. I don't have particularly greasy hands but after just a few hours use, there are smears on the keycaps and it looks terrible.. The trackpad is fine but I'm not going to keep one without the other.

It's odd because my MacBook has a similar coloured keyboard but it hasn't happened to that.

Soldato
I have noticed this! I lightly dampen my cleaning cloth with some screen cleaner and wipe it off no issue, although it is rather annoying. And odd. As it seems identical to the MacBook, yet that doesn't have the issue.

Soldato
Thanks but no thanks. I’m perfectly happy with the white Apple keyboard, I just fancied the grey version. I don’t want a different type, certainly not one I have to charge every ten days or so.

Ah fair enough, I had misread your post maybe I thought you were unhappy with the Apple ones. One defense I do have of the Keys though is I charge it once every few months and I use it 8+ hours a day, but if you're not looking for a different keyboard then that's fair.

Edit: On the charge, I checked the specs and it looks like it's 10 days with a backlight, which yeah if you use that might be more bothersome.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Couple of new additions.

Apple Watch series 5 40mm refurb direct from Apple.

DSCF9078.jpg

iPhone 12 64GB in white

DSCF9081.jpg

DSCF9085.jpg

Commissario
I think it's the best type of strap, I've got three official ones that came with my last three watches and a handful of £3 eBay jobbies. For me, it's the most comfortable strap out of all of them and of course, it's infinitely adjustable. They're washable as well so if they get a bit grubby, I just wash them in warm water with liquid hand soap and they dry out really quickly. Highly recommended.

Soldato
How is the battery life so bad?

My Fenix 6 will easily last 2 weeks if I'm not active, but will still last a week with regular GPS tracked activities (10-15 hours a week)

It’s doing a lot more than just being a fitness tracker. Additionally it takes no time at all to charge so there’s no inconvenience when it comes to keeping it topped up; I can take a shower at home or take it off at my desk at work for 20mins and it’s back to 100% when I next look at it. I can’t remember the last time it went into power-saving mode because the battery was low. Even if I go camping or something it’s not an issue because I need to take a power bank for my phone, so just do the same thing there.

Back
Top Bottom