*** Show Off Your Apple Hardware ***

Associate
What's it doing more of that my Fenix isn't?

(Not a troll question btw)

Phone calls (no need to have your phone with you if you have cellular version and an eSIM), install apps that are actually decent, stream music directly to the watch (with cellular versions), ECG, ApplePay using all the popular banks and not just the obscure ones, smart assistant for voice commands. Basically all the proper smart watch stuff.

(Not a troll response, I love the Fenix 6 Pro)

Associate
Currently all setup at work - my 2020 iMac edit suite.

Missing from the image is a 3rd monitor off to the right, a Rode Podcaster XLR microphone (running through a SubZero SZ-MB1 mic booster) and a 42" Panasonic TH-42PH20U broadcast monitor connected to the Blackmagic via HD-SDI

Plus, this is all connected to my 64tb Qnap TVS-872XT server by the built in 10GbE port, via an 8 port Netgear 10g switch.

foto-no-exif.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Just received my final parts and finished setting up for now. Its not great cable management and quite basic, but use won't be crazy big on this atm anyway..

p6VkadM.jpg

Soldato
I'm temporarily using a 6 core i7 Mac Mini that I normally use as a server, as my iMac Pro is busy churning through some exchange databases.

Quite surprised at how nice the Mini feels to use - although on the LG 5K screen I've plugged it into it felt quite laggy, so I've now put it through a Blackmagic eGPU.

Doesn't half run hot though! Even when it's not doing much it's constantly at 75 degs+. Run anything slightly demanding and it's 90deg+ immediately.

Last edited:
Soldato
thanks for the comment guys!

will update once the new mouse comes, as the monitor changed, tbh @Feek the new monitor stand looks a bit crappy compared to the silver base on the HP.

Soldato
I actually hate this new setup! :(

I have just ordered a monitor riser, which

1. will help with my neck for viewing angles
2. I can put the mini underneath and have a better / efficient desk layout!

Soldato
Yeah, as I went for another 32" monitor, trying to find stand was quite hard, the base (at widest points) measures at 11 inches, front to back, and 22 inches side to side. :eek:

Soldato
hey guys, just finished my cable management on my new setup, went for a monitor arm instead of the riser stand.

the bunch of cables in the bottom right is a SKY dish output for the back of the house.

Im renting ATM, could I just cut that out as its not getting used? Or would it be expensive to re-do?

MldSD0h.jpg

new chair tomorrow :D

Associate
Currently all setup at work - my 2020 iMac edit suite.

Missing from the image is a 3rd monitor off to the right, a Rode Podcaster XLR microphone (running through a SubZero SZ-MB1 mic booster) and a 42" Panasonic TH-42PH20U broadcast monitor connected to the Blackmagic via HD-SDI

Plus, this is all connected to my 64tb Qnap TVS-872XT server by the built in 10GbE port, via an 8 port Netgear 10g switch.

foto-no-exif.jpg
Any chance you can remember where your monitor risers are from?

Associate
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom