*** Show Off Your Apple Hardware ***

Soldato
cZrSTHL.jpeg

Picked up this factory water cooled quad core (dual core, dual CPU) 2.5Ghz G5 last week. Totally chocked full of thick dust. Finished a total strip down and clean out whilst checking for fluid leaks and issues.

Everything came back perfect, so I've replaced the thermal compound for both CPU's and the GPU. Now I'm just waiting for a C19 power cable so I can check it actually works. :o

Soldato
Yeah it's all good fun. I bought this one blind off marketplace for £20, the guy put up plenty of photos but no description so expected it to be a single 1.8Ghz or similar. Not until I picked it up and nearly put my back out to get it in the car did I start to think it might be the holy grail of G5's!

Associate
Yeah it's all good fun. I bought this one blind off marketplace for £20, the guy put up plenty of photos but no description so expected it to be a single 1.8Ghz or similar. Not until I picked it up and nearly put my back out to get it in the car did I start to think it might be the holy grail of G5's!

I'd love a G5 Quad but not many about working now

Soldato
Poor baby has a dead screen but otherwise fine... Luckily I have sourced a cheap screen to replace with :)

You can get a 4K laptop panel and repurpose a M1 Mac Mini to rebuild this into an amazing looking and performing machine. I've seen people do this sort of thing.

IMG-20220328-172746.jpg

Been a long while since I've been able to post in here! recently grabbed an iPad Pro M1 11" for £599 and an official folio case for only £8!, really enjoying the tablet, loving the 120hz refresh rate, buttery smooth, contemplating grabbing a smart keyboard case, and maybe an iPhone Pro Max, damn this rabbit hole :(

Soldato
Depends on use really. If you take the iPad everywhere the smart keyboard folio case is far more portable/practical and does two jobs in one. If it's just sat on a desk most of the time and you do most of your tying on that rather than on an actual Mac then the magic keyboard/stand is worth the extra premium.

Soldato
Still need a bigger desk :-/ 16" Turbo Ultra Max Thingy 64GB/2TB powering 1 x LG5K, 1 Studio (in the middle, prefer the 5K so will swap them back), and an LG 4k on the right that has some monitoring stuff on so I don't 'actively' us it - it's mostly turned off.

2022-06-20Desk.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom