Show Off Your Dish (Picture Thread) (Rules added)

Soldato
And I will do the gardening or something. You eat very well squire.

Haha I do try. Always like to try something new each week at least. We're a bit fishy at the moment.

On Friday had this...

352241ac961911e181bd12313817987b_7.jpg

Scallops with fennel & cauliflower puree, lardons, garlic & crispy shallots. Puree needed more fennel, but was lovely. Nice starter anyway!

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Lunch today. Baked eggs with ham and asparagus tips.

sJzjZ.jpg

9Z2pg.jpg

One made with hen's eggs and one made with duck's eggs. The duck egg one was the better tasting one but they were both very tasty. Perhaps a little overdone (would have preferred the yolks a little runny).

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
That's exactly what i used. Chicken liver from the freezer and arborio rice. :)

As far as the recipe goes here's what i do:
What you need:
1 tea cup rice
1 packet frozen livers
1 onion finely diced
oil
200ml white wine
salt
black pepper
parsley
2 chicken stock cubes
Parmesan cheese.

First off seal the livers in a pan with some oil quickly so they are easier to chop. Once you have done this and taken them out, use the same oil to seal the onions, but put a lid on the pan because you want them soft and not just fried. After they have gone soft and kind of transparent add the rice but do not put the lid on. Frying the rice is not really necessary but i prefer it that way as the grains don't go as mushy. The rice would take about 5-6 min to fry and at this point it will absorb any liquid you had in the pan including oil. This is normal.
When this is done add the wine and another cup of the dissolved stock cubes and let it come to boil. Stir occasionally. Put a lid on it for about 5 min so you can see the rice starting to absorb the liquid and then add the livers.

At this point add some salt and black pepper to taste. After another 3-4 min you can add the parsley and continue to stir periodically.

Depending on how "wet" you like your risotto you may have to add some more water ( or wine :D ) as the rice absorbs the liquids.

Once served on a the plate sprinkle some Parmesan and parsley on top and eat the risotto while it's hot!

Made this tonight. Very nice indeed. I'm a big fan of risotto and a big fan of chicken livers so this is a dream recipe for me. Couldn't help thinking that, as good as it was, it could still be improved. I think I'm going to fiddle with this recipe a bit over the next few months and get back to you :)

Don't take that comment as a criticism by the way, it tasted lovely. I just feel I could improve it to suit my taste better.

Soldato
I can't take credit for this one, Mrs is due it all.

Pancetta wrapped monkfish with a tomato pernod sauce & oyster mushrooms

f72c2850994611e1ab011231381052c0_7.jpg

We decided if doing again, we'd leave the mushrooms out, maybe substitute for something else. Didn't detract, but ultimately didn't add a lot to a fantastic dish.

Soldato
Does sound a bit unusual - chorizo and fine beans. Will be interesting to hear how it tastes.

It was actually really nice! One of the better risottos that I've cooked.

Started with frying a couple of small diced red onions, then added chicken, then the chorizo, then the chopped beans. Fried for a few minutes then left that to one side.
When the rice was half cooked, added about 20g butter, added the fried stuff, added chopped fresh tomatoes and tomato puree.

Didn't take a photo though.

Soldato
All done and eaten :) feel so fat now. Slightly regret it....

d1b09d30.jpg

4ace0468.jpg

34019be0.jpg

Mmmmmmmmm

I know there's no sauce, but it really wasn't needed xD already quite a few flavours in there.

For the record:
Bread
Butter
Cheese (cheddar)
Burger
Bacon
Chicken
Sausage
Bacon
Cheese (cheddar)
Burger
Bread